none
microsoft teredo tunneling adapter

Question

• how do I fix my micicrosoft teredo tunnelling adapter? ive updated the latest driver and that still hasn't fix my problem the exclamation mark is still there even after uninstalling and installing it, can someone help me please im running windows 7 on an asus laptop

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:45 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:32 AM

Answers

• This is a known problem if Zone alarm is installed.  If you have it installed remove it at least to check
    To turn off Teredo tunneling interface 6to4 open an elevated command prompt and type
    netsh interface terredo set state disabled.
    To Re-install it
    1. Click on Start.
    2. Type Device Manager in search box and open it.
    3. Click the Action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
      then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
      Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it.
      To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, January 24, 2015 12:20 PM
  • I followed the above instruction to uninstall and reinstall several times, did not work. The issue remains the same.

Please help.

This is "Where Is" forum for direction on where best to ask questions. You won't get a direct answer to your question here. I'd ask them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, November 22, 2015 2:12 PM

All replies

• This is a known problem if Zone alarm is installed.  If you have it installed remove it at least to check
    To turn off Teredo tunneling interface 6to4 open an elevated command prompt and type
    netsh interface terredo set state disabled.
    To Re-install it
    1. Click on Start.
    2. Type Device Manager in search box and open it.
    3. Click the Action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
      then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
      Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it.
      To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 12:20 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:44 PM
  • Hello,

If Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag's answer does not help, I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:45 PM
  • Hi Everyone

I dont run Zone alarm on my computer but have the same problem. I have tried uninstalling teredo tunneling adapter then reinstalling it but it still is not working.

I can't get on the net with my programes to update or run a driver scan.

Can anyone help. I am running a Pentium R dual core CPU E6500@2.93GHz,  4GB memory of Ram,  The system is 64 bit Windows 7 Home Edition

• Edited by JayJay50 Friday, June 19, 2015 5:57 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2015 5:55 AM
  • What is the problem you think Tunneling is causing?  Generally you only need tunneling for a printer that uses it.  I suspect your problem is different

Friday, June 19, 2015 10:09 AM
  • I followed the above instruction to uninstall and reinstall several times, did not work. The issue remains the same.

Please help.

Sunday, November 22, 2015 2:01 PM

Please help.

This is "Where Is" forum for direction on where best to ask questions. You won't get a direct answer to your question here. I'd ask them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, November 22, 2015 2:12 PM