How to update the form fields based on the OOB Dialog response? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to call the Dialog window on Quote entity and if Dialog questions are passed or fails base don that I need to update the quote field.

How can I do this in Dialogs?

Please let me know how to achieve this in ms crm 2011.

Thanks,

Yadav

Yadav

Saturday, July 13, 2013 8:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When you ask questions in the dialog you need to enable the response for that question. Then after asking question, in your dialog, you could use the update entity step. In the update entity step you could update a field using other predefined fields, such as related entities or dialog responses. At the right hand side, and at the bottom of the fields, you could see the responses of the dialog.

My Weblog | My Website

Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:55 AM
  • Hi Yadav,

Below is one of the way to update an entity field based on dialog input values check condition

1. Create a dialog Form with 2 fields input name -> Name , Number.
    2. Check for condition if name and number contains data or particaular value which you can provide in the text box condition
    3. If yes, then update the appropriate entity as Yes/No 

Like below screenshot for Dialog

Monday, July 15, 2013 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you ask questions in the dialog you need to enable the response for that question. Then after asking question, in your dialog, you could use the update entity step. In the update entity step you could update a field using other predefined fields, such as related entities or dialog responses. At the right hand side, and at the bottom of the fields, you could see the responses of the dialog.

My Weblog | My Website

Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response. I will check as you mentioned and will update you soon.

Yadav

Yadav

Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

I have created 2 questions in the dialog as mentioned below.

1) What is your name?

2) What is your mobile no?

My requirement is if these 2 questions answers are blank or answers are not valid then I need to update the Quote entity picklist value as "No".

So how can i check these conditions in dialogs?

Please help.

Thanks,

Yadav

Monday, July 15, 2013 6:13 AM
  • Hi Yadav,

Below is one of the way to update an entity field based on dialog input values check condition

1. Create a dialog Form with 2 fields input name -> Name , Number.
    2. Check for condition if name and number contains data or particaular value which you can provide in the text box condition
    3. If yes, then update the appropriate entity as Yes/No 

Like below screenshot for Dialog

Monday, July 15, 2013 8:02 AM
  • I think you may not use the dialog as it will tell you whether is field is null or not where as you want to validate the telephone number. Please add these two field on the form. Make them hidden and show them when they are required. When the user is entering data in the field at that time validate it using javascript. You can set you picklist value also.

Regards Faisal

Monday, July 15, 2013 10:27 AM