none
Serious New bug in the forum!

All replies

• The first response shows "already reported as abusive" from my account even though I never reported it as such.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!"

Friday, September 26, 2014 7:05 AM
  • "already reported as abusive" do not say that you reported it, but that some did. You can only report abusive once.
    This is has nothing to do with the BUG :-)

The BUG is related to a new "Auto Spam Filter". If you are a Moderator on the forum, then you can see the reasons people mark messages as abusive (of course part of management the forum is to follow the reports). In this case the report say:

"Flagged abusive by pituach Moderator 49 minutes ago Marked Abusive by Reply Auto Spam Filter"

* It is actually say that I marked my own response as abusive "Flagged abusive by pituach" and the reason is "Auto Spam Filter", which is first time I see it (so I assume there is a new Spam Filter with a BUG).

* the second message is deleted, therefore only the Moderators can see it.

This thread is for the Microsoft [Development] team and not for users :-)
    They can see all

[Personal Site] [Blog] [Facebook]signature

Friday, September 26, 2014 7:23 AM
  • This was reported the other day as well:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7f5a594-659a-4161-95df-6dd2bacfadb7/verify-post?forum=reportabug

I recommend sending an email directly to the forums team at fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com to alert them to this issue. That'll be the quickest way of letting them know that the spam filter has been acting up again.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Friday, September 26, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Thanks Mike,

I sent a message directly to 4 places (Ed Price, and Peter Geleen on skype, the fissues team, and here). At first I thought that is will happened, to any response for any user or something like this (since it happened twice on two different forums). Therefore I find that it very serious and urgent. But I came after several hours ans saw it is not for all, or that it was fixed. In any case I responses in several forum and it did not happened to me again. It might BUG with specific threads...

* I got a response from Microsoft, and they check it. That is all we can do at the moment :-)

Friday, September 26, 2014 4:45 PM
  • It would be very difficult to manage the forum, if the our (the Moderators) messages will be deleted and marked as abusive by this feature.

Friday, September 26, 2014 4:51 PM
  • Well, my PruneMaster account was banned directly after testing the "malfunction" in the earlier thread Mike mentioned.  And then, assuming it was a temporary malfunction, switching to another LiveID and retesting there (on the hunch the words "money" and "spent" were the triggers), this next LiveID was banned within seconds.  The sigs on those actions are:  Atul2806 Administrator and vishal kallety Administrator, respectively.

Hi,

1. I understand your feeling. I would not want to be in your situation, where I need to start a new account, which I will probably not do. It took me more then a year to get more then 20K points, and I will not start from scratch :-). I serve as moderator and answerer, on about 10 forums on MSDN system, and I am here only to help others (I never asked a single question, only supporting). I hope I will not find my self in this situation :-)

2. "testing" is not something you should do on production system. Once you found a BUG, you should report it and let the development team to deal with it. A user on the forum dose not have the tools to test and QC problems and I can understand that testing might look like a spam.

3. With that said, I really hope that banning an account is not an automatic action and is only done manually after serious considerations. This action is very drastic, especially if this is something that can not recovery (un-ban and restore everything back).

4. I recommend you to write a mail to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com
    Asked them to check what can be done, retroactively. 
    I really dont know what I would do in your place.

Saturday, September 27, 2014 5:24 AM
  • Hi,

As I mentioned I really don't know what I would do in your place, and I don't really know what is your place. I have only one side of the story :-) This is Micdrosoft's FOrum an if the management do not fit you, then you can find other forums. There are lot of forums for each subject (personally I Moderator on other forums systems, as well, in the same time).

* I recommend to delete your last response with the XML link.

* I am sorry but I will not follow this thread anymore, I am still waiting for Microsoft team to deal with the BUG and come back to me on email, but since the communication with them was on email and not here, therefore I will continue there (on emails). If I will get any update, then I will update here as well. I dont think it is good that there is no response here as well, as this is the officially place for those issues.

Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:11 AM
  • @pituach

Tiny suggestions:

Your signature seems take the main position, compared with your answer/response.

maybe you can shorten it better;)

ASP.NET Forum
    Other Discussion Forums
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report
    Free Tech Books Search and Download

Monday, September 29, 2014 2:43 AM
  • Hi, 

English is not my native language and I am willing to hear if you have any idea how to pass those three points in a shorter way. the signature is a simple image with attribute width = 100%. So when the response is in first level it look big, but when it is in 6 level you can hardly see it, if you are using the http://social.msdn.microsoft.com... URL and not http://social.microsoft.com.. URL.

* In any case I will reduce the size a bit. There is blank line that I can remove, and I can try play with the CSS code like using "max-width" and "max-height". I will check this

P.S.

Check the differences in those URLs

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/431f13c1-e584-4a84-b07c-996243f47249/serious-new-bug-in-the-forum?forum=reportabug
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/431f13c1-e584-4a84-b07c-996243f47249/serious-new-bug-in-the-forum?forum=reportabug

Monday, September 29, 2014 6:52 AM
  • I updated my sig, but I dont know when it will start to be in use. It take the forum system some times probably. I uses max hight 350 and max width 90%. Ihave remove the extra line from the sig image (this can be seen already). I hope this is better :-)

[Personal Site]  [Blog]  [Facebook]
    signature

Monday, September 29, 2014 9:01 AM
  • I verified that this has nothing to do with Pituach's signature. Those two threads are corrupted. I'm submitting this as a bug request to the forums team. Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:45 PM
    Owner
  • I submitted the bug request. Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:53 PM
    Owner
  • test
    Friday, October 3, 2014 1:06 AM
  • While you're submitting reports to fissues, Ed.  Possibly you will remind John of this post in Verify Your Account 15 which greets new members with the YouTube video "You can't fix stupid!"  It was reported to fissues last April.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c6dfcc5-2e1c-4998-b25e-42d62bdd4519/verify-your-account-15#7aa9a5d0-40d8-405e-9606-a9a62d26c34f

Hey Derosnec.

The Root of the Problem: I think they identified that a new emphasis on keywords is causing this. So they're tweaking the system.

"You Can't Fix" Link: Good point. I don't think people see it (the thread's locked, old, and not used), but it's still a bit of a violation of the TOU (it's insulting). I edited it out. Thanks! 

Friday, October 10, 2014 11:41 PM
    Owner