Microsoft Money Date Line RRS feed

• Question

• I am using microsoft money and it used to have a horizontal line running just below todays date and moved daily.  I've obviously knocked something and have lost this line.  Can anyone tell me how to get this back please.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:49 PM

Answers

• Check the "View" drop down and make sure the sort order has not been changed to possibly "order entered" or something similar. The dates might still appear to be in order but you will not get the dividing bar.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 10:30 PM

All replies

• I am using microsoft money and it used to have a horizontal line running just below todays date and moved daily.  I've obviously knocked something and have lost this line.  Can anyone tell me how to get this back please.

Are you talking about in a register? I think you need to have a future-dated transaction in the register for that. You also have to have the register sorted by date. 
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Yes in a register.    They are all in date order and have future dated transactions.    It was there earlier and I think its just a simple click of one thing but unfortunately don't know what
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:04 PM
  • I don't know of a control for that. Have you rebooted since you noticed the symptom? I would do that first. Did you install IE9?  That line missing may not have been noticed by those who have used IE9 with Money. Did you change video drivers recently?

Also, you might try Ctrl+T in the register a couple times to see if that might shake that line back into existence.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:29 PM
  • Tried rebooting, not done anything else different, very odd.   Tried Ctrl+T  -  nothing still.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:53 PM
  • Here is an improbable solution idea: check the date on your computer.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:19 PM
  • never did get to the bottom of this and the line never returned again,  very odd
    • Proposed as answer by mudturtle123 Monday, April 11, 2011 10:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by mudturtle123 Monday, April 11, 2011 10:28 PM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 6:26 AM
  • Check the "View" drop down and make sure the sort order has not been changed to possibly "order entered" or something similar. The dates might still appear to be in order but you will not get the dividing bar.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 10:30 PM
  • genius,  thank you,  sorted !!!
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:48 AM
  • I know this is a little late, but I have just found your reply to this - I have been baffled for a while! All sorted now thanks to your post.

I owe you a beer, figuratively speaking!

Friday, September 28, 2012 1:06 PM