CRM 4.0 Exchange 2010 Emails not received in queue, Automatic Forwarding rules possibly to blame RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A customer has an issue where emails are not being received in a queue.

When you 'test access' using the Email router tool  no errors are shown also when full logging is turned on no emails are shown as having been received in the mailbox. There are no issues with sending emails from the queue and logging shows the emails being sent from the queue.

I haven't been able to open and check the mailbox myself yet but I understand that there are automatic forwarding rules in place for the queue mailbox. Does anyone know if automatic forwarding rules can interfere with mail being received in queues?

Thanks,

Steve

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:05 PM

Answers

• You need to check how the queue has been configured to collect e-mails. Is it e-mail router or forward mailbox?

If it is forward mailbox then a rule that forwards a copy of all e-mails as attachments to the forward mailbox is needed on the queue mailbox. If it is set to e-mail router then the e-mail router will poll the queue mailbox.

If e-mails have been automatically forwarded to another address and not kept then the e-mail router will have nothing to collect.

• Marked as answer by Steve Fleming Monday, October 3, 2011 2:53 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 8:26 AM

All replies

• You need to check how the queue has been configured to collect e-mails. Is it e-mail router or forward mailbox?

If it is forward mailbox then a rule that forwards a copy of all e-mails as attachments to the forward mailbox is needed on the queue mailbox. If it is set to e-mail router then the e-mail router will poll the queue mailbox.

If e-mails have been automatically forwarded to another address and not kept then the e-mail router will have nothing to collect.

• Marked as answer by Steve Fleming Monday, October 3, 2011 2:53 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 8:26 AM
  • Hi Feridun,

Have finally managed to get access to the mailbox and you were right emails were being automatically forwarded without being kept.

Thanks,

Steve

Monday, October 3, 2011 2:53 PM