none
cannot RDP to install Azure Connect RRS feed

• Question

• In the “what’s new”, there are these lines:

For the Beta, a limited preview of this feature is enabled.  You can use the Remote Desktop functionality to install the Azure Connect agent on your Azure nodes, and associate the Azure nodes with an on-premise group via the Azure portal in order to experiment with this feature.

Can you tell us how to do this? we can’t figure this out. For example, the somewhat straightforward approach of RDP to the Azure node and IE’ing to the URL I get from the Portal’s “install local endpoint”  doesn’t seem to work (because it shows up in the portal as a “local endpoint” and the “create group” wizard wants to find it in the “Azure roles”) And I don’t have access to the VM’s config file (a la “<Setting name="Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.Connect.ActivationToken" value="tokenstring" />” mentioned in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg433071.aspx) [ well I guess I might, but then this would not be via RDP so I think this is not the way to do this ]

Saturday, May 7, 2011 11:57 AM

All replies

•   If you manually install Azure connect in the RDP session, yes, it will show up as normal nodes in the azure portal. What you need to do might be:

-          Create a Group first (Check the “enable interconnection for the group”)

-          Install Azure connect in the RDP session

-          After a minute, it will show up in the azure portal (Page: “Virtual Network”àConnectà”Your Service”à”Groups and roles”). Click it and perform “Move to Group” action

Qiufang Shi
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:34 AM