BETA VERSION OF XP RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Beta version of XP that was given to me by my teacher at the computer school where I learned to build computers.  What do I have to do to correct the problem of not having a GENUINE version?  As far as I knew I paid for the genuine thing.  The teacher is no longer avalible for me to contact.
    Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:56 AM

Answers

• The beta version testing of Windows XP ended back in October 2001.  Microsoft does not permit the sale of beta versions of their software since it was free to qualified beta testers.  You might as well purchase Windows XP Home Edition since you cannot install the released version over the old beta version.  You would need to perform a "clean install" of the released version you purchase.
    Friday, July 14, 2006 12:32 PM

All replies

• Visit a nearby store that sells computer software and purchase a "Full Retail Version" of Windows XP, then proceed with a "Clean Install".

Clean Install Windows XP: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:13 AM
  • Since I have the XP pro version that wil be pretty expensive.  I would think that Microsoft would have a special deal for Beta users.
    Friday, July 14, 2006 4:45 AM
  • The beta version testing of Windows XP ended back in October 2001.  Microsoft does not permit the sale of beta versions of their software since it was free to qualified beta testers.  You might as well purchase Windows XP Home Edition since you cannot install the released version over the old beta version.  You would need to perform a "clean install" of the released version you purchase.
    Friday, July 14, 2006 12:32 PM