none
Yet Another "Cannot connect to backup services on the server. Verify that all services are running" RRS feed

• Question

• Looks like I can be added to the "club" "Cannot connect to the backup service on the server. Verify that all services are running", everything is updated to the latest, tried the uninstall Home Server Restore Driver, Uninstalled the "Z" driver, checked the registry per the kb, blah blah ..

My setup is as follows, 1 Vista, 5 XP's and none of them can restore 1 of the XP's restore points, I only have 2 restore points, one was Auto and the other was a manual.  The other computers restores are fine, it's just the newest computer (added to WHS on 3/7/09). 

So I guess my question is as follows:

1.  Looks like a lot of people are having this 79/81% problem (which was supposed to have been fixed in Feb) would it be better to add to the Feedback on Connect under ID390003 or submit a new "ticket"?

2. The XP computer which I'm trying to get to the restored drivers also can't restore using the latest 1800 build of the restore CD, any other options out there?

I just tried to restore the XP computer using Virtual PC 2007, I get the same results, tried different harddrives, different nic's... "Unable to refresh Restore Wizard from your server . . ." I click OK and then it tries again but when it's done it just goes into a reboot loop.  So, in my humble opinion even though WHS reports that the restore was successful, technically they ain't.

This was added to a previous post but noticed that it was marked answered so I created a new one since "that" answer didn't fix my problem.

Thanks for your time.

Monday, March 9, 2009 6:27 PM

All replies

• jroryl said:

Looks like I can be added to the "club" "Cannot connect to the backup service on the server. Verify that all services are running", everything is updated to the latest, tried the uninstall Home Server Restore Driver, Uninstalled the "Z" driver, checked the registry per the kb, blah blah ..

1.  Looks like a lot of people are having this 79/81% problem (which was supposed to have been fixed in Feb) would it be better to add to the Feedback on Connect under ID390003 or submit a new "ticket"?

Hi,

Please file a new bug on Connect and include client and server CABs. The feedback ID you mentioned was resolved as the person who filed the bug confirmed it was fixed with the Feb QFE.

If you've not submitted CABs before, we have instructions regarding how to submit them here: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/content/content.aspx?ContentID=8535

Once you file the bug on Connect, we will follow up with you via the bug or in email.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Monday, March 9, 2009 9:41 PM
  • Done, Thanks.
    Monday, March 9, 2009 10:58 PM