Looking for SP online forums RRS feed

• Question

• The forum is broken and I can't ask a question in a specific forum so I'll ask it here:

Why is there no dedicated SP Online forum?

I see too many answers referring to things not available in SP Online. This seems like a no brainer.

And why when I select a forum and ask a question do I have to select a forum? And then can't post. Typical Msft bs.

Friday, June 30, 2017 2:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• I see too many answers referring to things not available in SO Online. This seems like a no brainer.

And why when I select a forum and ask a question do I have to select a forum? And then the refiner box is empty so I can't post? What a waste of my time.

• Merged by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, July 1, 2017 3:47 PM same topic, same user
    Friday, June 30, 2017 2:55 AM
  • They're over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicessharepoint

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 30, 2017 3:22 AM
  • Thank you. So I guess the follow up question is why is that forum so hard to find? Why is it not listed in the "all forums" drop down box? 
    Saturday, July 1, 2017 3:24 PM
  • It's under the heading of Microsoft Online Services

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, July 1, 2017 3:28 PM
  • If asking a new question and you start at top level

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

then you'll get the painful Forum Category and Forum list boxes which do not always seem to be complete or up-to-date. Better to navigate to the forum directly, then use Ask A Question button and question or discussion will appear in the forum you selected.

Saturday, July 1, 2017 3:41 PM
  • If asking a new question and you start at top level

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

then you'll get the painful Forum Category and Forum list boxes which do not always seem to be complete or up-to-date.

What if he starts in TechNet instead of MSDN?   <eg>

I was going to agree with you about that MSDN filter and then noticed where you pointed the OP.  I think the TechNet filter is much more helpful.  E.g. to get to my W10 forums I can type just 0 i

OIC.  The filter works best backwards.  For example, look at what  3 - G matches.  Also, I did not realize that we need to know all the intervening syntax to find what we would be thinking of.  Good to know.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, July 2, 2017 6:54 PM