Unable to manage a user in CRM 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Within CRM I am a Sys Admin and Sys Customizer, I am a member of the Admin group for "my" AD Domain, there are three domains, we will call them SD, QA, Prod. I am in SD and have Admin rights to QA as well, I am only a user of Prod. Now that the basics are out of the way, the issue:
    When I go to my users, and select a user that is in my QA domain, who has an active AD account, I cannot modify their account at all.
    Domain Logon Name, Main Phone, First Name, Last Name, Preferred Phone and Restricted Access Mode are all greyed out.

If I nav to Roles, there is no Manage Roles option/menu item. I did, however, assign a role through SQL to this user.

another interesting thing is that I cannot Enable the user. I get the follwoing error:
    "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid"

I have researched this and found several articles, even one from MS, but non of the solution worked for this situation.

Here is the log entry from the w3wp-CRMWeb-20090512.log file:
    [2009-05-12 14:58:10.3] Process: w3wp |Thread: 3412 |Category: Application |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | ErrorInformation.LogError
    	at ErrorInformation.LogError()
    	at ErrorInformation..ctor(Exception exception, Uri requestUrl)
    	at MainApplication.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    	at EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    	at HttpApplication.RaiseOnError()
    	at HttpApplication.RecordError(Exception error)
    	at HttpApplication.ResumeSteps(Exception error)
    	at HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
    	at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    	at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequest(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    	at ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType)
    >MSCRM Platform Error Report:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

Error Number: 0x80040204

Error Message: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

Error Details: 

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Request URL: http://cakeezdev1:5555/biz/users/edit.aspx?id={681FCF93-0314-DB11-8E64-000BCD9E0B54}

Stack Trace Info: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    >   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
    >   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.Enable(CUserAuth& Caller, String UserId)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.Activate(String id)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.changeState(Object sender, DataEventArgs e)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.DataEventProcessor.Raise(FormEventId eventId, FormState state, User user, String objectId, Entity entity)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId eventId)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, String formId, String formType)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.ConfigureForm()
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Type: Platform

Any ideas as to why this might happen?
    Charles
    • Edited by ckeezer Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:03 PM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Charles,

Can you please do a platform trace and share with us.

Also I saw that you an admin under the SD ad, have you try to create a user account under the QA domain and then create a new user and assign the sys admin role in CRM to see if you will able to manage the other users?

Darren Liu | 刘嘉鸿 | MS CRM MVP | English Blog: http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com | Chinese Blog: http://liudarren.spaces.live.com
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:32 PM