none
IBM The Great Mind Challenge 2007 - REGISTRATION OPENS RRS feed

• Question

• "Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises." - Demosthenes

Dear Friends,

This is to invite you to participate in the IBM's GREAT MIND CHALLENGE - 2007, national software programming contest and avail yourself of an opportunity to enhance your skills and career. We declare the registrations to the Great Mind Challenge 2007 open.

Hurry register fast!

Please click the banner below or log on to

http://www-07.ibm.com/in/university/greatmind/tgmc_2007.html

Best Wishes

IBM Academic Initiative Team

Saturday, June 2, 2007 5:21 AM

Answers

• Guys TGMC-2007 registration opens, Try out there dude if anyone interested in non-MS products. and want to work on a live type  project
  • hey harshil ,

thnx a lot for that link. r u participaing in it???? whats the procedure and formailities in it as student rockstar has???

Plz tell. Bye

Saturday, June 2, 2007 5:42 AM
  • Thanks for the link Harshil..
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 5:49 AM
  • @Sunil - I signed up for TGMC-06, but due to exams during that I didn't get much time to start the project, also i had to learn Java to create the projects, so it would have consumed a lotof my time . So i just skipped it.

All you need to take part is you should have a team of max 4 members, and a tutor from your college. You should sign it online.The tutor should have an tutor account in ibm.com, i think most of the teachers in your college will have it. Just select a tutor of your choice, and a project of your choice, find a team of max 4 members, not compulsory, and signup the online registration form. Nothing else required.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:10 AM
  • @Sunil, your college has to be a member of the IBM Academic Initaitive. If it is not, no problems, you can request one of your lecturers to sign up for the membership. As Harshil has alredy pointed out, maximum team size can be of 4 people. You also have to think of a name for your team. IBM will provide a set of scenarios which you can choose from. If you want to work on your own project then you have to send them the project details (including the SRS) for approval.

The entire contest will be in phases. In the initial phase you have to send them the SRS of the project along with other details. You have to ise IBM middleware like DB2(Database), Eclispe (IDE), Rational etc for developing your project. You will then have to send the code file and finally the documentation with UML diagrams.

Hope this answers our question.

Even i am a complete novice in Java, so i suggest we use this thread to help each other when we are stuck in problems. What do you think?

Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:29 AM
  • Thanks for the info adnan. I think it will be good to help and learn from others who know advanced Java. I know core java, so if anyone needs help, i am always here.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:24 AM
  • I am also familiar with Core java and little bit of applets. So lets register with the contest and we can continue the discussions here.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 9:05 AM
  • Sorry man, i cant register now as there are no teachers attending the college. Once my college starts after June-17th, ill register for the contest with my tutor.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 9:37 AM
  • Hey Thankz for the news, I will talk to my faculty and will find out more on this.. anyone has idea of the type of projects and which languages are used in it?? I  m still only in 2nd sem, so i m mastered only in C++ and sql till now, Will talk to my faculty and seniors also, by that time you all can give me some more details on it...
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:20 PM
  • They have nearly 20 project sceanrios. You need to code in Java, and use IBM middleware. For a list of the projects visit https://www.tgmc.in/secure/project_scenarios.php

Since you already know SQL, it will be helpful in using IBM's databse DB2.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:02 PM
  • Also please visit the FAQ for more information.

https://www.tgmc.in/secure/faq.php

Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:05 PM
  • Thanks Adnan.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 2:29 PM
  • Anyone signed up yet ?
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:25 PM
  • No. I plan to register after college renames. I need to get approval from one of my Professors, if they will be ready be my project tutor. I am also not able to decide the project scenario.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:53 PM
  • Same here m8, i don tknow which project to register for. I think thats what i will do during this vacation, and as soon as college starts, ill start the signup process with my tutor.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 5:50 AM
  • Good luck!
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 9:23 AM
  • Thanks mite., Same to you bro Wink
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:10 AM

All replies

• Guys TGMC-2007 registration opens, Try out there dude if anyone interested in non-MS products. and want to work on a live type  project
  • hey harshil ,

thnx a lot for that link. r u participaing in it???? whats the procedure and formailities in it as student rockstar has???

Plz tell. Bye

Saturday, June 2, 2007 5:42 AM
  • Thanks for the link Harshil..
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 5:49 AM
  • @Sunil - I signed up for TGMC-06, but due to exams during that I didn't get much time to start the project, also i had to learn Java to create the projects, so it would have consumed a lotof my time . So i just skipped it.

All you need to take part is you should have a team of max 4 members, and a tutor from your college. You should sign it online.The tutor should have an tutor account in ibm.com, i think most of the teachers in your college will have it. Just select a tutor of your choice, and a project of your choice, find a team of max 4 members, not compulsory, and signup the online registration form. Nothing else required.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:10 AM
  • @Sunil, your college has to be a member of the IBM Academic Initaitive. If it is not, no problems, you can request one of your lecturers to sign up for the membership. As Harshil has alredy pointed out, maximum team size can be of 4 people. You also have to think of a name for your team. IBM will provide a set of scenarios which you can choose from. If you want to work on your own project then you have to send them the project details (including the SRS) for approval.

The entire contest will be in phases. In the initial phase you have to send them the SRS of the project along with other details. You have to ise IBM middleware like DB2(Database), Eclispe (IDE), Rational etc for developing your project. You will then have to send the code file and finally the documentation with UML diagrams.

Hope this answers our question.

Even i am a complete novice in Java, so i suggest we use this thread to help each other when we are stuck in problems. What do you think?

Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:29 AM
  • Thanks for the info adnan. I think it will be good to help and learn from others who know advanced Java. I know core java, so if anyone needs help, i am always here.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:24 AM
  • I am also familiar with Core java and little bit of applets. So lets register with the contest and we can continue the discussions here.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 9:05 AM
  • Sorry man, i cant register now as there are no teachers attending the college. Once my college starts after June-17th, ill register for the contest with my tutor.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 9:37 AM
  • Hey Thankz for the news, I will talk to my faculty and will find out more on this.. anyone has idea of the type of projects and which languages are used in it?? I  m still only in 2nd sem, so i m mastered only in C++ and sql till now, Will talk to my faculty and seniors also, by that time you all can give me some more details on it...
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:20 PM
  • They have nearly 20 project sceanrios. You need to code in Java, and use IBM middleware. For a list of the projects visit https://www.tgmc.in/secure/project_scenarios.php

Since you already know SQL, it will be helpful in using IBM's databse DB2.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:02 PM
  • Also please visit the FAQ for more information.

https://www.tgmc.in/secure/faq.php

Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:05 PM
  • Thanks Adnan.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 2:29 PM
  • Anyone signed up yet ?
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:25 PM
  • No. I plan to register after college renames. I need to get approval from one of my Professors, if they will be ready be my project tutor. I am also not able to decide the project scenario.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:53 PM
  • Same here m8, i don tknow which project to register for. I think thats what i will do during this vacation, and as soon as college starts, ill start the signup process with my tutor.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 5:50 AM
  • Good luck!
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 9:23 AM
  • Thanks mite., Same to you bro Wink
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:10 AM