Reactivation after hardware changes problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a pc a originally purchased from a retailer with an OEM version of vista 32-bit home basic. I recently wanted to upgrade my CPU but needed a new motherboard to put in the model I wanted. After replacing both the motherboard and CPU Vista has wanted me to reactivate. Unfortunately my genuine windows sticker has been partially peeled off (this by a friend's child that was visiting us at the time). So I have been using activation key recover programs such as  Magical jelly been keyfinder to find the key I orginally had in the registry before upgrading. When I attempt to enter the key using the change product key button in system, I recieve back this error code: "0xC004E003 The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed." I cant contact the original makers of my PC as they have gone out of buisness, their site: http://www.optima.com.au/ I attempted activating by phone but was just told to contact optima (which I obviously cant do). Ive been trying to show my MGAdiag results but im having trouble finding out how to paste them here, how would I go about doing that?

Would there be anyway to resolve this or, failing that, be issued with a new product key?

Thanks
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 8:19 AM

Answers

• Hello Tomero,

Thank you for visiting our forum. Unfortunately you will not be able to use the OEM Vista Version because you have upgraded the computer with a new motherboard and processor. The OEM Vista version is tied to the first motherboard in which you installed it on first. Please reference your End User Licensing Agreement "EULA". Retail versions of Vista are permitted to be moved from machine to machine as long as you uninstall it from the previous machine.

Take care Tomero,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, June 2, 2009 5:18 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 5:17 PM

All replies

• Hello Tomero,

Thank you for visiting our forum. Unfortunately you will not be able to use the OEM Vista Version because you have upgraded the computer with a new motherboard and processor. The OEM Vista version is tied to the first motherboard in which you installed it on first. Please reference your End User Licensing Agreement "EULA". Retail versions of Vista are permitted to be moved from machine to machine as long as you uninstall it from the previous machine.

Take care Tomero,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, June 2, 2009 5:18 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 5:17 PM
  • Thanks for helping,
    But I dont have a retail version of vista to install. I dont really want to spend money on something I should already own, if you could offer some more insight it would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:45 AM