Joulemeter not run in Windows Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm trying to run joulemeter in windows server 2008, but I receive the message error: "Windows 7 is required". I already disabled Hyper-V (in first time, this isn't installed, but now is installed and disabled and not works!). Someone can help me?

Hugs!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:37 PM

All replies

• We have only tested Joulemeter on Windows 7 client machines (not server) - a server will typically be missing a monitor, and this can cause Joulemeter to not work. The Windows 7 check is primarily a OS version number check. Maybe if you try Windows Server 2008 R2, that cehck will pass and Joulemeter will proceed further rather than stopping at the "Windows 7 is required" error. But I am not sure if it will actually work on the server, so it may stop with another error later.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 8:00 PM
  • Can you tell me how to install and disable Hyper V
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:48 PM
  • I have managed to run joulemter1.2 on my server(power-edge T620) an the OS is win server 2008;

It's ok to open the software. However it failed to get the real-time consumption data and the tip goes: "Metering could not start. Error: Frequency counter was not created. None of the attempted counter names exited or had not-zero data"......;

So what's wrong?? is it because my PC has 2 processors (12 cores)??

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:39 AM