none
IE8 Accelerator for WLW?

Question

• Why oh why is there no accelerator for IE8 so I can get my 'blog this' capability back with IE8 and WLW?
    Brad Turner, ILM MVP - Ensynch, Inc - www.identitychaos.com
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad,

I could be wrong but my understanding is that it's not possible to implement a Blog This accelerator for Writer. That would require IE8 to let you write accelerators using COM objects, and they don't currently do that.

But you should still be able to use the good old Blog This button in IE8--does that not work for you?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:46 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Joe,

I think I removed that accelerator because it assumes you're posting to Live Spaces and doesn't launch WLW. I'm posting to Blogger and I don't want to use the Blogger accelerator since that takes you directly to the WYSIWYG editor in Blogger.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:29 PM
  • Not the accelerator that comes with IE8. WLW installs its own custom IE toolbar button. If you don't currently see it on your toolbar, it may either be on the overflow chevron, or you might have to right-click on the toolbar, and select "Customize | Add or Remove Commands". You should see a "Blog This" button with a Writer icon.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:23 AM
    Owner
  • Aha, you are right sir, it was not where I expected it to be - it's hiding down under Tools.

Thanks!
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:30 AM