unable to get property tostring of undefined or null reference RRS feed

• Question

• hi frnds,

In my crm form am getting an error as "unable to get property tostring of undefined or null reference" in ie10 with windows8 os whereas in other environment its working fine.Can any one give me solution as soon as possible.

Thanx in advance.

Arun Kumar G

Friday, September 6, 2013 7:39 AM

Answers

• Howdy,

It's a rather late reply, but maybe others will run into a similar issue. I had the same error, with the ribbon not working, immediately after creating a new account record. I realized that the problem was generated by an incomplete ribbon button specification: the tooltiptext value for the custom button was not completed.

Hope it helps,

Florin

Monday, October 26, 2015 10:05 AM

All replies

• Is this occurring in your script or the CRM script and is it 2011 or 2013. It would help if you could also provide the error detail text if you have any more.

MS CRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Dynamics XRM Tools CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM 2011 OData Query Designer
    CRM 2011 Metadata Browser
    CRM Forum Guidance

Friday, September 6, 2013 8:57 AM
  • hi frnd,

The error occur in CRM Script and am using 2011..

Arun Kumar G

Friday, September 6, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Which rollup of CRM are you using? Have you tried performing the same action in other browsers?

Please feel free to contact me using the following methods

Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:27 AM
  • You may be referencing a field on the form that is null.  Test the field for a != NULL before you try the tostring().
    Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:28 PM
  • Use try catch. If it is null it will come in catch statement.

Regards Faisal

Monday, September 9, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Hi,

I had this same error after updating to rollup 14 and using IE11 (in compatibility mode)..

To resolve this for me.. I opened Settings -> Administrator -> System Settings, and on the Customization tab I cleared the very bottom checkbox called "Load pages in the most recent version of Internet Explorer". Hope it works for you.

feel the code

Monday, September 30, 2013 2:39 PM
  • Howdy,

It's a rather late reply, but maybe others will run into a similar issue. I had the same error, with the ribbon not working, immediately after creating a new account record. I realized that the problem was generated by an incomplete ribbon button specification: the tooltiptext value for the custom button was not completed.

Hope it helps,

Florin

Monday, October 26, 2015 10:05 AM