CRM 4.0 Error - While User Mapping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an example_MSCRM without its MSCRM_CONFIG file which I want to deploy at my end on Windows Server 2008 R2 with CRM 4.0 Installed and SQL SERVER 2008 R2, Now what are the pre-requisites to do the same, as the example_MSCRM being used had different domain with different users and at my end I dont have those users or the same domain name, also the report server differs. Please can any one elaborate on how to achieve this.

Regards

Manoj

Monday, September 12, 2011 7:24 AM

Answers

• check the systemuserbase table in your _MSCRM database. There is field in that table something like setupuser. Check if any of the user has value true, During mapping process. you need to map that user to your  deployment user. If none of the user has setupuser value true, change the value of one of the user with system administrator right to true and map it to your deployment user.

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:49 AM
  • None of the same user's huh.... You will probably have to map at least one system administrator with deployment administrator rights.  There is an option to manually map users When you import the organization in the import wizard from deployment manager.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Monday, September 12, 2011 2:10 PM
  • I think it is a Elevated permissions issue.

Try to run the deployment manager as "Administrator" (Run as Administrator).

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:11 PM

All replies

• None of the same user's huh.... You will probably have to map at least one system administrator with deployment administrator rights.  There is an option to manually map users When you import the organization in the import wizard from deployment manager.
    Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Monday, September 12, 2011 2:10 PM
  • check the systemuserbase table in your _MSCRM database. There is field in that table something like setupuser. Check if any of the user has value true, During mapping process. you need to map that user to your  deployment user. If none of the user has setupuser value true, change the value of one of the user with system administrator right to true and map it to your deployment user.

I hope this helps.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:49 AM
  • Good job Amreek, that is the missing info to my solution.  I'll mark that helpful.   These should both be marked as answer the way I see it.

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:51 AM
  • Thanks Jamie and Amreek,

For your attention, but It throws the error during the mapping process, as below :-

FX:{1ac9de3e-24ae-480d-9e15-65386b76e433}

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Exception type:
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Exception stack trace:

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInMessagePumpProxy.OnThreadException(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.ConsoleDialogHost.ShowDialog(WaitCursor waitCursor, ShowDialogCallback callback)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Advanced.Console.ShowDialog(Form form)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationManagerNode.actionImport_Triggered(Object sender, SyncActionEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ScopeNode.DoAction(Int32 actionId, IRequestStatus requestStatus)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.SnapIn.ProcessRequest(Request request)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInClient.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest()
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)

My report server also differs from the Production Server. Please is there anything else that I should take care of before going for the deployment procedure. As I already have created a single user with First Name, Last Name, Domain name matching that of the Production DB's systemuserbase Table, am I missing something else apart from this.

Thanks again in advance

Manoj Dwivedi

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:28 AM
  • I think it is a Elevated permissions issue.

Try to run the deployment manager as "Administrator" (Run as Administrator).

I hope this helps.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:11 PM
  • Hi Amreek,

I have done that but all of this is not working out in my scenario, I have renamed the Domain as well inside the DB by editing the cell value but the above error still persists. As soon as I try to map the users the snap in fails and throws the below error :

I'm just wandering clueless about the same, where is it that I am going wrong,  any other way through which I could map my users to those in the Database would be the trick I suppose

FX:{1ac9de3e-24ae-480d-9e15-65386b76e433}

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Exception type:
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Exception stack trace:

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInMessagePumpProxy.OnThreadException(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.ConsoleDialogHost.ShowDialog(WaitCursor waitCursor, ShowDialogCallback callback)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Advanced.Console.ShowDialog(Form form)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationManagerNode.actionImport_Triggered(Object sender, SyncActionEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ScopeNode.DoAction(Int32 actionId, IRequestStatus requestStatus)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.SnapIn.ProcessRequest(Request request)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInClient.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest()
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)

• Edited by Manoj Dwivedi Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:53 AM Grammatical Mistake
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:51 AM
  • Hi Amreek,

The original deployment took place on Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2005 Installed, could this cause the above issue.

If yes, then could you please suggest any measures for the same.

Thanks in advance

Manoj Dwivedi

Monday, September 19, 2011 5:19 AM
  • Monday, March 5, 2012 10:01 PM