Vista Issues RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have installed Vista my main home machine and have issues the entire time.  Blue screens, print spooler, etc.  I wish I had never purchased.  Web pages load slower, program open slower, hang ups.  I guess I need to mention I have installed all new equipment (video, sound, etc.), AMD 3500+, 2.2 GHZ, 2 gig memory (was 4, but Vista did not like).  Because of all the issues, after the upgrades, I re-installed the operating system and programs.  Still having the same issues.

Everytime I try and print, the print spooler has issues, pages lock, etc.  I guess you could say, I hate Vista.  I have to much money and time invested to remove and start over.  Hopefully, Windows will come out with a tool to help fix these issues, for free.  I will not hold my breath.

Please get this fixed.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 4:38 PM

All replies

•  Sean White wrote:

I wish I had never purchased.   

I have to say, i also recently  installed windows Vista when i bought a purchased a new computer, and agree completely with this.

Had i been warned about the many compatibility issues then i would not have considered Vista.

Vista worked with Msn Messenger for around about a week and all of a sudden stopped working. That was almost 2 months ago now and there is still no solution to this problem. I have even tried to uninstall Messenger and start from the beginnning.

I was just wondering whether anyone else has encountered similar problems and if they have a solution or if Microsoft was planning on sorting this problem.

I will now be very wary of any Microsoft products in the future.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 7:18 PM
  • Sean White,

Is the printer Vista compatible, and if so, are you using the Vista driver for the printer?  Please post the exact make and model number of printer.

Also, what is the make and exact model of computer?

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 8:36 PM
  • I have not (and may not ever) upgraded to Vista. I have heard of the many "bugs" in this OS, and have therefore avoided it. However, a friend of mine enlisted my help in transferring data to their new computer with Vista. Their old computer was running on Windows ME, which is even more unstable. Needless to say, the "Easy Data Transfer" was not so easy. The USB data cable would not recognize the old computer, and I had to move files piece by piece using a flash drive, which was, by the way, not compatible with Vista, but I was able to rig it to get the files off of it. Still, most of the programs won't work on their new computer, leaving them VERY frustrated and wishing they had not purchased a computer with Vista!
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:18 PM
  • Willie Wonka,

Me computer was not compatible with the EZ transfer cable....sounds like a hardware compatibility issue, hardly the fault of Vista.

Me-era programs not compatible with Vista.....can you list each of the programs?

Flash drive not compatible with Vista.....but it worked.  Having a hard time undertanding how an "incompatible" flash drive transfered files........

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:34 PM