Live Mesh doesn't startup automatically RRS feed

• Question

• One of my computers (the only one which had UAC turned on, incidentally), does not start the Live Mesh client when windows starts.  Live Mesh *is* listed as a startup program in the the Windows Defender list, just as it is on other computers.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running Vista x86 SP1
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thanks for your post.  Can you please generate your Live Mesh logs and submit a bug.  Instructions on how to generate logs and submit a bug are at https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?SiteID=425&ContentID=11404#Log_Creation_and_Bug_Submission_-_Basic.

Thanks for your help!
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:51 PM
  • Hi 86smopuivi,

I doubt that UAC will block mesh. I have mesh installed on 2 vista pc's, and UAC is always on. There is a way to verify that uac is not interfearing with auto start on mesh. Type in run box, msconfig. Abox will open. under the last tab (tools), scrool down the list to (DISSABLE UAC). then click launch, and ok. A command prompt window will open. When it says successful, close the box. Restart the pc. When your desktop re-loads, see if mesh start automatically. If it does, then it was uac. But if it doesn't, it is an internal issue with mesh. Remember to re-activate uac, following this, using the same steps.
    Diana , MSP, MSBP, .Net Developement and Visual Studio Forums Moderator, MSDN Sandbox Forums Moderator http://djartsinc.spaces.live.com Smile,,,Share Some Sunshine
    Friday, April 17, 2009 4:28 AM
  • I agree with you, Diana. Live Mesh wants UAC active in order to install the enhancements, and it works fine with UAC on - I've got it enabled on all Vista PCs that I run Live Mesh on, so this is due to some other issue that the bug report and logs should reveal.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 17, 2009 2:25 PM
  • Thanks Steve.

UAC helps protect programs and software on pc's

Friday, April 17, 2009 3:51 PM