Windows can't check for updates RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble with windows updater I have run Microsoft fix it several times it says that the problem is fixed but it's not working. in the events shows Problem event ApphelpHardBlock. also I have a problem driver bdfdll.sys
    Friday, December 30, 2011 2:31 AM

All replies

• typically this is due to malware or a virus. Run the microsoft scanner and see if it gets rid of it. If not there are other programs that are free that you can use. Once you use them though, uninstall them unless you want to purchase one of them they tend to be a little obnoxious in their attempts to try to sell themselves to you. Be careful and only use the ones I mention. Many are malware or adware themselves. CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and Adaware are all pretty good ones that can be used for free at least for a while. Do not be sucked in by their other products that may appear to be free, they aren't. They have very limited functionality unless you pay for them. Stay on task ignore all the suggestions of other software. READ each thing carefully before you click ok or yes or NO. A lot of  free programs will ask you to install a tool bar DO NOT INSTALL them they are a resource drain and may make explorere crash. Just read carefully as you  are installing. It sometimes may seem like you are just accepting their terms or agreement when in fact you are agreeing to install a tool bar. It also sometimes seems like you need to accept it....just read carefully before clicking anything. They are purposely misleading however they are not innacurate when read correctly. At least the ones mentioned above. I know those to be legit.
    • Proposed as answer by nedcati Monday, February 25, 2013 3:42 PM
    Monday, January 2, 2012 12:26 AM