whats your experience with MS BI RRS feed

• Question

• whats your experience with MS BI ---  goo.gl/80jO  

Tell me about it -- is it good -- is it bad?
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:24 PM

Answers

• Hi

Me personally, I'm .Net developer MCPD .Net 3.5 distributed application  and I discovered that BI is a great tool as it helps perform some SQL server activities without pretty writing a single line of code using SSIS.  The SSAS is also wonderfull as it helps analyse the data via structures called cubes those are multidimensional they are based on MDX instead of SQL to query data and DMX to predict data. And finally the SSRS to report data is is like Crystall report if you have any idea. I also hold the MCTS in SQL BI  now. And I presume continue within this domain.

The complexity resides in the simplicity
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:51 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:00 PM
  • SQL BI tools includes SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and Data Mining tools.

This is a fast developing track for SQL Server tools. For example, SQL2008R2 is basically a BI enhancement version.

Reporting Services is one of my favorite tools. Enables you develop, schedule and distribute reports easily and rapidly when compared with other reporting tools. For example I prepare outputs for SAP systems using Smartforms. But these tools can not be compared with SSRS.

SSIS is very improved version of DTS. Actually it is redesigned.

I used SSAS when it was in SQL2005 for creating OLAP cubes which enables flexible report creation to end users.

Data mining is an area where Bill Gates is giving importance during his non-MS works. And I guess it has been already a competitor for well-known tools like SAS, etc.

Do not think SQL Server just as inserting data, and reading data. BI creates value added outputs from mass data stored in SQL Server.

SQL Server and T-SQL Tutorials
    My Personal Site
    Our true mentor in life is science
    Monday, October 18, 2010 1:26 PM

All replies

• Hi

Me personally, I'm .Net developer MCPD .Net 3.5 distributed application  and I discovered that BI is a great tool as it helps perform some SQL server activities without pretty writing a single line of code using SSIS.  The SSAS is also wonderfull as it helps analyse the data via structures called cubes those are multidimensional they are based on MDX instead of SQL to query data and DMX to predict data. And finally the SSRS to report data is is like Crystall report if you have any idea. I also hold the MCTS in SQL BI  now. And I presume continue within this domain.

The complexity resides in the simplicity
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:00 PM
  • SQL BI tools includes SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and Data Mining tools.

This is a fast developing track for SQL Server tools. For example, SQL2008R2 is basically a BI enhancement version.

Reporting Services is one of my favorite tools. Enables you develop, schedule and distribute reports easily and rapidly when compared with other reporting tools. For example I prepare outputs for SAP systems using Smartforms. But these tools can not be compared with SSRS.

SSIS is very improved version of DTS. Actually it is redesigned.

I used SSAS when it was in SQL2005 for creating OLAP cubes which enables flexible report creation to end users.

Data mining is an area where Bill Gates is giving importance during his non-MS works. And I guess it has been already a competitor for well-known tools like SAS, etc.

Do not think SQL Server just as inserting data, and reading data. BI creates value added outputs from mass data stored in SQL Server.

SQL Server and T-SQL Tutorials
    My Personal Site
    Our true mentor in life is science
    Monday, October 18, 2010 1:26 PM
  • Adding on top,

its tight integration with SharePoint makes the other BI market competitors cry for their shares :)

Regards, KarthikShanth. "Mark as Answer" if this helps you!

Shanth's techwitz

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Disclaimer: The contents, I write here are my personal views, not the view of my employer and anyone else.
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:33 AM
  • Performance Point is a good tool
    The complexity resides in the simplicity Follow me at: http://smartssolutions.blogspot.com
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:35 AM