Live One Care Photo Backup RRS feed

• Question

• After installing Windows 7 RC on all three of my PC's, I discover that Windows Live OneCare is not available any longer. How do I download the photos that where saved online with the Photo Backup feature?
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:12 PM

Answers

• Open One Care>Change Settings>Backup, select "Subscribe to online photo backup", enter your Live ID  and password when prompted. You should then see photo restore options.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:20 PM

All replies

• One Care is still available and if your subscription is still active you can install it on another computer. To recover your online photo backups you will have to install One Care on a supported platform, restore the photos to a removable drive then copy them to Windows 7.

Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:49 PM
  • All 3 of my PC's were changed over to Windows 7. I went back to Vista on one of them and now have Live OneCare on it.
    When I try to restore the photos by going to "Backup and Restore", there is no restore for photos. This is probably because I subscribed to 'Online' photo backup from the Hub PC which is my primary PC and which still has Windows 7 as the OS. I would rather not change that one back to Vista as it was enough of a hassle installing 7. To uninstall and re-install 7 would be a lot more than I care to do.
    I also thought of making this PC (the one with Vista) the Hub but I am not being given the option to do so that I can find. I suppose that because there is no longer a circle (only one of the three PC's is now on Vista), there is no longer a need for a Hub.
    What can I do now?
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:40 PM
  • Open One Care>Change Settings>Backup, select "Subscribe to online photo backup", enter your Live ID  and password when prompted. You should then see photo restore options.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:20 PM
  • If you are unable to configure the OnLine backup option of the machine that you are running Vista on with OneCare installed and activated, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:50 PM