none
I don't like the way pictures are uploaded yet

Question

• Hi,

I love Windows Live Writer. Used it at first to copy a post between blogs and began to appreciate a Windows client over writing in a webbrowser. Even more after my webbrowser crashed while not saving the article at hand for 2,5 hours.

I couldn't use Windows Live Writer properly for a while since uploading to WordPress would remove characters like < and >. This has to do with some third component and while I asked my hosting provider to update the involved software I use the path Joseph Scott created: http://bit.ly/2CWZPC. So I'll start using Windows Live Writer again from now on.

What I don't like just yet is the way pictures are handled. I'd like them to appear original size by default, copied only once to the server (in the original size, so no thumbs) and preserve the dashes between words in the filenames. The latter seems minor but is important for search engines to be able to find the picture. It would be nice if spaces were replaced with dashes while you're at it :-)
    My current workaround is not insert pictures with Windows Live Writer but afterwards which of course takes a very long time compared to what it could be.

Keep up the good work,

Patrick Mackaaij
    Saturday, April 04, 2009 9:07 PM

Answers

• We are always going to upload a thumbnail and the orginal unless you change the image to not have a click through.

Windows Live Writer is just bad at naming files, and doing SEO friendly things.  We hope to fix that in the future.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Friday, April 10, 2009 5:49 PM