none
Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased my computer from a company liquidation sale.  The computer was originally purchased by Zone, Inc.  They told me that I could use the Windows licensed by Dell to this computer but I continue to get notifications that I am not using a genuine copy.  How can I stop this?
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:14 PM

Answers

• I purchased my computer from a company liquidation sale.  The computer was originally purchased by Zone, Inc.  They told me that I could use the Windows licensed by Dell to this computer but I continue to get notifications that I am not using a genuine copy.  How can I stop this?

Read the information at the top of the forum and post the MGADiagnostic report.  That way we can see what is happening with your XP installation.

If you have not totally reinstalled the operating system for the computer you are taking chances with whatever the people at Zone, Inc. put on the machine.  There should be a sticker somewhere on the computer (back for desktop, bottom for a laptop) and that will tell you the version of Windows that has been licensed to the computer from Dell.  If the company did not provide the reinstall disks for the computer you may be able to obtain them from Dell for a minimal cost.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:34 AM

All replies

Read the information at the top of the forum and post the MGADiagnostic report.  That way we can see what is happening with your XP installation.

If you have not totally reinstalled the operating system for the computer you are taking chances with whatever the people at Zone, Inc. put on the machine.  There should be a sticker somewhere on the computer (back for desktop, bottom for a laptop) and that will tell you the version of Windows that has been licensed to the computer from Dell.  If the company did not provide the reinstall disks for the computer you may be able to obtain them from Dell for a minimal cost.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:34 AM
  • No reply from Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, July 23, 2010 9:19 PM