Manually Uninstall CRM 3.0 Routing from Exchange? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm the exchange administrator on a network where someone installed CRM
    3.0, and deployed the exchange crm router with a single rule.

The CRM installation was subsequently uninstalled and the CRM server was
    removed from the LAN, the routing user was deleted.

The CRM Exchange Router was uninstalled as well.

Now, as the exchange administrator, I'm still stuck with routing rules that
    were not uninstalled. I have searched on the web and found a removal wizard
    but that is looking for a CRM server installation to read the rules from.
    This does not exist anymore...

Is there a manual way to remove the routing rules from exchange, using the ADSI Editor or something?

Regards,
    Francois Grobler

cois
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:26 PM

Answers

• Or you can go to each user's Outlook and manually remove the rule.  Go to Tools -> Rules and Alerts. Of course this is rough if you have a large number of users.
    Larry Lentz [Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP]
    Monday, June 1, 2009 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Francois,
    crm documentation states as follow:

Uninstalling the Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router does not delete the message
    rules that were placed in each Microsoft CRM user’s mailbox. These rules must be deleted from
    each user’s inbox manually.

Monday, June 1, 2009 8:01 PM
  • Hi Grzegorz,

How do I uninstall the rules manually? The user on which the rules were installed has already been deleted, and does not exist anymore. the CRM 3.0 Server also do not exist anymore, so I cannot point the uninstall wizard to the CRM installation when un-installing the rules.

In exchange and through the ADSI editor I can see no properties in the active directory where these rules are saved.
    cois
    Monday, June 1, 2009 8:18 PM
  • I assume you are using ex2003, so you can use Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store Viewer
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D1C7482-4C6E-4EC5-983E-127100D71376&displaylang=en
    Monday, June 1, 2009 8:41 PM
  • You can also use Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Editor, it offers better interface :)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=55FDFFD7-1878-4637-9808-1E21ABB3AE37&displaylang=en
    Monday, June 1, 2009 8:48 PM
  • Or you can go to each user's Outlook and manually remove the rule.  Go to Tools -> Rules and Alerts. Of course this is rough if you have a large number of users.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 9:52 PM
  • Thanks Larry and Grzerorz,
    I did not know the routing rules were deployed as Outlook Rules.  this explains why I could not find anything on Exchange or in the AD.

I have used the MAPI Editor to remove a few rules. This is a lot of manual labour... and I'm now looking for scripting tools. At least I now know where it resides and can deal with it from there.

Thanks.
    cois
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 8:30 AM
  • It actually depends on the way that Dynamics CRM was installed, but in your case it does look like you have more of a manual effort and need to touch the user's mailboxes.

Good Luck
    Anne
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:13 PM
  • Glad I could help :-)
    Friday, June 5, 2009 4:17 AM