none
This is about a users threads RRS feed

• General discussion

• Why does the next page function not have the ability to go to the end of the threads? And how come a search capability just to search threads in a users threads isn't available? I get fed up trying to search for info I already answered in other threads in order to assist somebody with a question.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:02 AM

All replies

• Not sure what the stance is on the various Next Page bugs.  I know it has been talked about and would supposedly be fixed "real soon".

As far as searching goes, there is a suggestion thread here.  If enough people vote for it as helpful, they might decide to fix it.  That is at least, what they claim.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Monday, October 28, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Why does the next page function not have the ability to go to the end of the threads?

It gives you all the information you need to get there and seems not that essential.   For example, a procedure would be:

1. Note the number of items being declared.  (Without that detail it would be harder.  Then you would be forced to do a binary search.)
    2. Right-click the Next link and Copy Shortcut
    3. Paste the link into your Address bar (in a new tab if desired)
    4. Calculate the number of pages implied by the number of items being declared by dividing by 20.
    5. Overtype &page=2 with the result from step 4 and press Enter
    6. Verify that the Next link on the resulting page is not available as proof that you are now at the "last" page.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, October 28, 2013 4:26 PM