license requirement for Database access RRS feed

• Question

• hello, everyone.

I have a question about CRM license.

Does it require license to access data from database directly? 

There is no API involved, but we open the database directly to some users.

I am planning to use FilteredView, therefore, I think registering a user at CRM is necessary.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards !

希意禧(上海)系统有限公司 CRM销售顾问 guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn 我们为在中日企提供专业的ERP和CRM解决方案,有兴趣请电邮查询。 シーイーシー(上海) CRM営業コンサルタント guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn弊社は在中日系企業に専門的なERPやCRMソリューションをご提供します。お気軽にメールください。
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:42 AM

Answers

• Select statements against the filtered views are supported but they do use CRM security and so they will require CRM licenses for any users wishing to access the filtered views for reporting purposes. 

The filtered views are read only and and are meant for reporting with SSRS.  The CRM security on them ensures that users cannot access data through reports that they don't have read access to from within the CRM system.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:40 PM

All replies

• Select statements against the filtered views are supported but they do use CRM security and so they will require CRM licenses for any users wishing to access the filtered views for reporting purposes. 

The filtered views are read only and and are meant for reporting with SSRS.  The CRM security on them ensures that users cannot access data through reports that they don't have read access to from within the CRM system.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:40 PM
  • Thank you Jamie. 

I guess this means I will need a read-only license for database access.

希意禧(上海)系统有限公司 CRM销售顾问 guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn 我们为在中日企提供专业的ERP和CRM解决方案,有兴趣请电邮查询。 シーイーシー(上海) CRM営業コンサルタント guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn弊社は在中日系企業に専門的なERPやCRMソリューションをご提供します。お気軽にメールください。
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:07 AM