none
Project type suggestion RRS feed

• Question

• ESPAÑOL

Estoy comenzando un proyecto VS2017 de WPF en C#, pero lo que quiero hacer es un software para que se ejecute en 2 modos, modo ventana y modo overlay (ej. estilo Wirecast y Shadowplay respectivamente), como dije es la combinacion de Xsplit Broadcasting para modo ventana, grabacion de escritorio y Xsplit Gamecaster para modo overlay, se ejecuta en el propio videojuego, recordad como shadowplay.

El inconveniente es que una aplicacion UWP usa DirectX, pero una aplicacion en C# usa .NET, para hacer el mismo proyecto que use ambos modos que me recomiendan para utilizar.

Saludos.

INGLES

I'm starting a WPF VS2017 project in C #, but what I want to do is a software to run in 2 modes, window mode and overlay mode (eg Wirecast and Shadowplay style respectively), as I said is the combination of Xsplit Broadcasting for window mode, desktop recording and Xsplit Gamecaster for overlay mode, runs in the video game itself, remember as shadowplay.

The drawback is that a UWP application uses DirectX, but an application in C # uses .NET, to do the same project that uses both modes that I recommend to use.

Greetings.
    Tuesday, January 2, 2018 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It's not clear for your question so let me clarify some more details:

The drawback is that a UWP application uses DirectX, but an application in C # uses .NET

Not all UWP apps are using DirectX as it's project template. We can write normal UWP apps without using DirectX project template(Although UWP apps' UI also use DirectX as one of its layer, it's a different story). When we say UWP and DirectX together, normally we are thinking about writing a Game

So the problem here is related to two things:

• We are not familiar with Xsplit Broadcasting, what's it and how will you use it in your app(For this you need to contact it's vender)
    • Based on your description you are trying to build an app, not a game. So why you think UWP apps use DirectX is a problem? Can you tell us more about this?

By the way, the advantage of UWP app is for cross platform. If you want your app to run on different platforms, like XBOX, phone or something else, then you can consider using UWP apps as your project type. However from your first post you are saying that you start a C# WPF project. If you just need your app to work on PC and you are not familiar with UWP platform, I believe normal WPF project is already enough for you. 

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:46 AM
  • Hi friend,

Do you have any updates?

Refer to your description, it seems your issue is more relates to the WPF or UWP. Our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, it is better to redirect to the appropriate forum to seek for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:03 AM