none
How to change e-mail adresse for MSDN forum alerts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use a hotmail account for my liveid and messenger.

Is it possiple to send forum alert to my real mail?

It seems that the mail address is the only thing, which can't be changed in alert setting???

Thanks!

Per

Friday, June 4, 2010 7:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are you refering to:

"How do I manage the settings of my alerts?

You can manage settings of the alerts that you receive for a thread. On the My Alerts page, click the Change Microsoft Alerts Delivery Settings link. You are taken to the Live Alerts hosted site where you can manage the settings."

Or???

Anyway, In "my alerts", I have "Configure Alerts", I see alert for "MSDN Forums" and I can choose to Edit and then edit e-mail or messenger.

But choosing edit e-mail, the only thing you can't edit is the e-mail address it self, and I dont see any remove and apply options?

I am sure it is in the FAQ (if you say so) but please give me link!

Thanks!

Per

Monday, June 7, 2010 10:19 AM
  • This thread had an answer in it that might help.  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/99b2406f-1283-446e-a07d-1a9016e4a261
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, June 7, 2010 9:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Brent,

Unfortunatly not, it ends with no solution.

Forwarding from hotmail is only possiple to another "microsoft" mail address.

The only option seems to be "delete account" and startover again.

Per

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 6:28 AM
  • What he said.  You can't edit the alert email address.  So you are stuck with whatever original email you did and if that's your hotmail account, that's where it's stuck at.

Is there any ability to edit the alerts as I don't see any at all?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:19 PM
  • Thanks for your comment!

I was sure that I was missing something, when I couldn't find such a simple feature.

I will start using a new account :-(

Per

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 9:02 AM
  • You must be kidding. So if I registered 8 years ago on the MS Passport with my old e-mail which I don't use anymore, I cannot change even the e-mail address just for alerts (if not the sign-in e-mail)? How this could be by design? If it is, it's a very bad design! I don't understand how such a big software company can have a forum which does not allow its users to change e-mail address for alerts. You should add this funcionality very quickly because this situation is just ridiculous...
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 4:44 PM
  • Can I please get clarification on this too?
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:30 AM
  • Hello?
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:58 AM
  • We have made some changes to alerts since this question was posted. the faq has info about this http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#142 

How do I sign up for alerts?

• Configure Your Email Adress: To receive alerts you first need to provide a valid email address. To do this go to the "My Settings" page when you are logged in. Then enter in a valid email adress twice and click "Submit". This will send you a validation email. Click the link in the validation email to complete the process and register your email with the system to receive forum alert notifications.

More Info is here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/52c75e6b-adf9-41f5-a61a-88ce9c91f799

Please feel free to post back if you have problems.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Brent.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:00 PM