none
Recogintion system stops working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

All my activities for the last 4 hours are not showing up, points as well.

Best Wishes, Arbi --- MCC 2011; Please vote if you find this posting was helpful or Mark it as answered.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• According to the FAQ, it may take up to 24 hours for your points/activities to register with your profile.  If the activities do not show up after 24 hours, please report back and let us know.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool | [PowerShell GUI] New AD User Creation tool
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:08 PM
  • That is true about achivements and points in some cases, but NOT for activity.

I am checking your profile Rich and shows last activity was 13 hours ago!!! But you answer in here.

Best Wishes, Arbi --- MCC 2011; Please vote if you find this posting was helpful or Mark it as answered.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:26 PM
  • As I mentioned above, it can take up to 24 hours for any activity to appear, be it forum posts, gallery recognition points, etc.  I have seen this happen a few times, but do not believe I have ever seen it take the full 24 hours personally.  Please be patient and the points/activity will show up.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool | [PowerShell GUI] New AD User Creation tool
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:35 PM
  • I agree with Rich. This isn't the answer one might want, but sometimes there's a time delay in Activities.

Thanks!

Ed

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:50 PM
    Owner
  • I mark that as Answer, but recently that did not happen. 99% of times any activty was showing up at least!

In the mean time, seems everything is back to normal.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:59 PM
  • I'm not 100% certain that all activities were restored from the point it stalled to the actual activities. I did see this situation happen from time to time - the longest wait time ~4 days and right now it was a short delay with ~4h. However, every time something like this happen I have a feeling that some of my activities are not there, although it's hard to track.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:44 PM
  • I mark that as Answer, but recently that did not happen. 99% of times any activty was showing up at least!

In the mean time, seems everything is back to normal.

Yes, it doesn't happen very often, but it has happened a few times. People like Rich and Naomi probably notice every time so that's why Rich mentioned that it happens regularly. Thanks!
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:14 AM
    Owner
  • I'm not 100% certain that all activities were restored from the point it stalled to the actual activities. I did see this situation happen from time to time - the longest wait time ~4 days and right now it was a short delay with ~4h. However, every time something like this happen I have a feeling that some of my activities are not there, although it's hard to track.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Well, if you find out please let us know!!! Thanks!
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:14 AM
    Owner
  • We have actually made a lot of progress on our side to ensure stability on activity reporting from forums. There are a few moving pieces at work here. The most common problem is with our notification service, every so often it stalls and we get a backup in the queue. Until we bounce it, people experience activity, points and email alerts not being sent. We have added a lot of monitoring around this so we are aware (usually) when this happens and immediately bounce the service. We of course are also continually looking into why the service gets stuck. In any case, activities are never lost. That being said there are a handful of activities over the past few months that are in a known broken state, stuck in a perpetual failed state. Most of these are cases of bugs we have since fixed, but that have not reprocessed those failed activities. Now we are only talking about a handful, not something that continaully failed. On 10/27 we are deploying an update that will reprocess these failures. 

As of now, everything should be working as usual and people's points/activities should all be up to date. If there are specific examples, feel free to start a new thread per user and we'll look into those on a case by case basis. 

Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:51 PM