none
Replying to post via iPad RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone been able to get these forums to work correctly on iPad?  I can view content however I can't submit replies or propose a reply as an answer
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:31 AM
  • Saw that but it doesn't provide any detail apart from pointing the OP to this forum.  I also search for iPad in this forum and got no hits.
    Jeff Wharton

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:37 AM
  • I updated my reply with another thread link. I searched this forum by 'ipad' and got many hits - may be I am a better 'searcher'? :)
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:41 AM
  • Hmmm, very strange indeed.  I issued two searches and got no hits.  I just did another and got many hits.
    Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:42 AM
  • That may be an issue of its own also already reported  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/ae01ea29-c3bc-4fcb-951b-ffceb386d30a :)
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:13 AM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:57 AM
  • I wonder why a post giving a link to a Search problem is marked as the answer to a question on forums and the iPad ...

As for the actual topic I've found the following.

1. It's useful to have the forums in the iPad because you can check them more often than you would if you needed to fire up a PC every time (and wait for it to boot; locate the forums etc.)

2. Anything that requires the entry of text will not work [and/or the use of a Submit button]. The submit of that text (whether it's a reply; or a reason for making an edit or a move etc.) doesn't go through.

3. Sometimes (but by no means every time) things that don't require the entry of text such as Lock of a thread or Delete of a post or thread work in the iPad. Most times they don't and the not working response looks the same as for case 2. Sometimes I have got a Lock to work (after it didn't) by refreshing the thread first but mostly that doesn't help either.

It's a great pity because the kind of light moderating I do these days does not require a vast amount of text and so the virtual keyboard of the iPad is goo enough.  (and the iPad is much more in use than a portable would be as I use it for most non-technical matters in preference to a portable and have it open (or a click away from open) usually until the battery needs re-charging)

[This was not written on the iPad]

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:15 PM
  • I wonder why a post giving a link to a Search problem is marked as the answer to a question on forums and the iPad ...

As for the actual topic I've found the following.

1. It's useful to have the forums in the iPad because you can check them more often than you would if you needed to fire up a PC every time (and wait for it to boot; locate the forums etc.)

2. Anything that requires the entry of text will not work [and/or the use of a Submit button]. The submit of that text (whether it's a reply; or a reason for making an edit or a move etc.) doesn't go through.

3. Sometimes (but by no means every time) things that don't require the entry of text such as Lock of a thread or Delete of a post or thread work in the iPad. Most times they don't and the not working response looks the same as for case 2. Sometimes I have got a Lock to work (after it didn't) by refreshing the thread first but mostly that doesn't help either.

It's a great pity because the kind of light moderating I do these days does not require a vast amount of text and so the virtual keyboard of the iPad is goo enough.  (and the iPad is much more in use than a portable would be as I use it for most non-technical matters in preference to a portable and have it open (or a click away from open) usually until the battery needs re-charging)

[This was not written on the iPad]

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Because it provided an answer to a problem discussed in my post and as the OP, I have the right to mark replies answered if I believe a reply has provided an answer.
    Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:11 PM