none
storing a range of data file types securely

Question

• Basically I've a spare PC that I'm going to turn into a server I've a range of data files of various types (documents,videos,photos etc) and I'm wondering what is the best way for storing of sensitive data file types securely and what the best way of connecting to server remotely?

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is a windows operating system kind of question rather than a wpf question.

The best way to store sensitive data is not to expose it to the internet at all.

OneDrive already has a log in and share link mechanism you could use though.

I would be inclined to use onedrive and email whoever you want to links to your files.

You can make them read or write links.

If that isn't attractive then set your pc up as a secure ftp server and give people passwords.

If that isn't enough then write some asp.net web api services serve the files and a web site to make logging on user friendly.

None of which is WPF.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: WPF: MVVM Step 1; All my Technet Articles

Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:01 AM
  • They'll help you over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/En-us/home?forum=winservergen

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, October 30, 2015 6:38 AM