Sync Toy RRS feed

• Question

• I am considering using SyncToy in a business environment and am trying to understand how it's feature set is different from a Roaming Profile with Active Directory.  The scenario I am planning is to move from a laptop (current usage) to a desktop with a netbook.  I would like to sync certain files from the desktop to the netbook on a daily basis.  The SyncToy description indicates this type of syncing is a feature, but it does not provide details in the help documentation.  Is there a way for me to sync the two machines directly? If not, can someone explain the advantages of SyncToy over a Roaming Profile or related Active Directory solution?  Thanks for your help!
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:32 PM

All replies

• "The scenario I am planning is to move from a laptop (current usage) to a desktop with a netbook."

Synctoy can sync files between 2 folders, that means copy files from one folder to another folder, cannot archive move, could you tell me more detailed about your purpose, thanks.
    Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Yiming L Monday, November 9, 2009 10:06 AM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:20 AM