CRM 2011 e-Mail Router Forward Mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• In production, I have the e-Mail Router 2011 setup.

I am using email access configuration for users: incoming: Forward Mailbox Outgoing: eMail router.  So far with tweaks and having users setup their email options correctly, the Forward Mailbox is working very nicely.  However, this is for one domain and one Exchange server within same domain.

I now want to setup Router for other Exchange Servers within other sub domains and I want to use Incoming: Forward mailbox and Outgoing: e-mail router.

Documentation says that "depending on complexity of your org's email system, you may have to create multiple incoming and outgoing configuration profiles."

I am having no problem creating multiple "outgoing Profiles" for these sub domains of which resides an Exchange Hub Transport server. Outgoing mail uses the Exchange Hub Transport server I want it to.

However, I cannot create an incoming profile and have it use the Exchange web services for the sub domain's  Exchange server's Exchange Web Services. If in the sub domain, email access config is set to: In: forward Out: router, it appears, I can only use the one forward mailbox setup for our entire CRM organization of which we have only one CRM organization

Could someone please comment, am I missing something?

thanks

p.s I know for a subdomain's Exch server, I can have incoming and outgoing profile and if email access config is set to incoming: router and outgoing: router, I can set within Users and Queues which Incoming and Outgoing Profile to use   but not if incoming is the forward mailbox

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:49 PM