A comment about Windows 7 Ultimate key RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,
    Could you, please, comment my Windows 7 Ultimate key (Product ID), so I can take or maybe not to take further actions. Thank you.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-49PX8-9C7FP-JDFW3
    Windows Product Key Hash: p6HLdF1IF+a42qAd3tLrEVtPCZ8=
    Windows Product ID: 00426-068-0652251-86380
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001
    ID: {D6C59121-0B71-42D1-AC65-340C2229EC0D}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Sunday, October 31, 2010 4:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello gints k,

Based on this:  Windows Product ID: 00426-068-0652251-86380

All you need to know is in this post:  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/a2444f34-0aff-4f29-a8ac-67e28b0c0285

Don't let the clock run out....to take advantage of the Office 2010 Tech Guarantee, you must download Office 2010 by 10/31/10. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/
    • Marked as answer by gints k Sunday, October 31, 2010 9:35 AM
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 4:22 AM
  • Hmm, yes, I read that before, I suspected that.

But why Microsoft does nothing do about it? They are selling this kind of quality staff for a long, long time, and thousands of them. That isn't somewhere hidden in dark places, that happening during a day for everybody visible place. Amazon and eBay have a seller names, bank account details - where is the problem to stop them? And they are repeated sales, not just one person selling one box.

On the other hand, Microsoft can see a more real price for your products what people are happy to pay, and why Microsoft can't sell for that price? I am sure Microsoft will not be looser, many using other ways just because official pricing is too high. Does really retail channel for OS software gives Microsoft that big part of income that they are better spend so much money for antipiracy (looks like not enough). Microsoft should be proud that your software are wanted, but why punish many private persons with such high retail pricing policy? That is just my thoughts, you don't have to answer about Microsoft price politic.

Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:26 AM
  • Hello gints k,

If you are in the UK, this sticky post may be of assistance:  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/4b6f01a4-4475-4e3b-a4e4-6ec921b785b8

Microsoft does not "punish" anyone.  Honest people will decide whether or not any given consumer item is priced right for them, and then act accordingly.  If the price is too high, they will pass; is the price is right they will buy.  Dishonest people (and there will always be dishonest people) will resort to dishonest methods to buy and sell just about anything.

Don't let the clock run out....to take advantage of the Office 2010 Tech Guarantee, you must download Office 2010 by 10/31/10. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 12:57 PM
  • Thanks, Dan, for the link, I will check it out.

Dishonest people just will use a torrent, why bother about buying anything. Others looking on the free market for options. They are so many and they are not hiding. You know how big is a difference in price for computer parts and accessories at high street retail shops and internet shops. Why that must be very different for software? And maybe you also know how big usually price drop for a new movies or music is just after few months. Yes, I now, we should look closer what we buy, but they are not crack or somehow other ways altered versions, just happens to use wrong serials. Where did they get them in such a big quantities at first place? I am a regular eBay user, often buy and sell computer parts and audio. I never ever saw a single warning about that fake Windows from them. Your forum was the first place where I saw it and after that I just started to look what I got myself. I not so much complain about price how about that big difference in price for manufactures and private persons who building their computers yourself. Bulding gives us freedom of choice and flexibility, and usually that also is cheaper then we can get the same from big names. And that flexibility is the main reason why I stick with Ultimate version, and not cheaper Home.

Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:20 PM