Closed Cases not Searchable RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to my microsoft crm clients to the menu Cases the Closed Cases is not Searcable.
    Version Microsoft Crm 3 Dynamic

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Problem

I also have the same issue. Closed cases are not included in the search when they search it through "Look For" text box and click Find.

Reason

To me, the reason is that this "Look For" view queries only cases where statuscodename = "active"... i.e. Closed cases are not searched at all while we search from "Look For" text box.

Proposed Solution

As this is out-of-the-box technique and we can't play with it after a certain level. I think this change is not possible from our end. Opt one of following solutions:

1. You can suggest your users to use "Advance Find" feature and don't include any limit on statuscodename. This step requires users to have good understanding of Advance Find...

2. Make a new view where it includes all records where there is no limit on statuscodename i.e. where status = (active, cancelled, resolved)...and make this view publically available...when user will search using "Look For" in this view, he will get all of the possible results including the resolved cases...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:29 PM

All replies

•  

Can't they search case.status = closed?

Jim

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

Problem

I also have the same issue. Closed cases are not included in the search when they search it through "Look For" text box and click Find.

Reason

To me, the reason is that this "Look For" view queries only cases where statuscodename = "active"... i.e. Closed cases are not searched at all while we search from "Look For" text box.

Proposed Solution

As this is out-of-the-box technique and we can't play with it after a certain level. I think this change is not possible from our end. Opt one of following solutions:

1. You can suggest your users to use "Advance Find" feature and don't include any limit on statuscodename. This step requires users to have good understanding of Advance Find...

2. Make a new view where it includes all records where there is no limit on statuscodename i.e. where status = (active, cancelled, resolved)...and make this view publically available...when user will search using "Look For" in this view, he will get all of the possible results including the resolved cases...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:29 PM
  • Thanks for the help
    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

If you agree with my proposed solution, please mark my previous post as correct answer, so that it may be considered. Thanks for coordination.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:03 PM