HPCPack with relative path fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi -- what am I doing wrong? I can't get "relativePath" to work:

D:\>hpcpack upload testPkg.zip /nodetemplate:"Default AzureWorkerNode Template"   /relativePath:myFolder

Error: the relative path is not in canonical form or includes the "/" character.

sorry if I'm missing something obvious

-- Marty

Monday, February 28, 2011 6:07 PM

Answers

• Which version? hmm.. my understanding that there is only one publicly-available version of this (i am running this version). I'm pretty sure it's this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=aa86c849-15c0-4f97-a7b4-a23a2ba37890&displaylang=en (and my cluster manager says that client and server are version 3.1.3267.0)

Note that this works without the "relativePath" (see below)

thanks for your help!

D:\>hpcpack upload testPkg.zip /nodetemplate:"Default AzureWorkerNode Template"  /relativePath:myFolder
    Error: the relative path is not in canonical form or includes the "/" character.

D:\>hpcpack upload testPkg.zip /nodetemplate:"Default AzureWorkerNode Template"

Connecting to head node: gale
    Querying for Windows Azure Worker Role node template "Default AzureWorkerNode Template"
    Windows Azure Worker Role node template found. Retrieving Azure account name and key.
    Found account: modisuva and key: ********
    Package testPkg.zip successfully uploaded to Windows Azure storage account.

Well, there is some change since the 2008 R2 SP1 Beta. But I think it's not related to your case.

Can you try to do this in a non-root (root means D:\) directory?

Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of HPCPack are you using?

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Could you please check the command in your question? Seems I can't repro it by using that command.

E:\Users\qingzhi\Desktop\Demo>HpcPack upload testPkg.zip /nodetemplate:"Default AzureWorkerNode Template" /relativePath:myFolder

Connecting to head node: qingzhi-d3-r2

Querying for Windows Azure Worker Role node template "Default AzureWorkerNode Template"

Windows Azure Worker Role node template found. Retrieving Azure account name and key.

Found account: tcqingzhi1 and key: ********

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:36 AM
  • Which version? hmm.. my understanding that there is only one publicly-available version of this (i am running this version). I'm pretty sure it's this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=aa86c849-15c0-4f97-a7b4-a23a2ba37890&displaylang=en (and my cluster manager says that client and server are version 3.1.3267.0)

thanks for your help!

D:\>hpcpack upload testPkg.zip /nodetemplate:"Default AzureWorkerNode Template"  /relativePath:myFolder

Windows Azure Worker Role node template found. Retrieving Azure account name and key.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:52 PM

thanks for your help!

Well, there is some change since the 2008 R2 SP1 Beta. But I think it's not related to your case.

Can you try to do this in a non-root (root means D:\) directory?

Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:05 AM
  • ah

yes, that works! (I assume that you'll tell the appropriate people to fix this...)

thanks for your help

Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:30 AM