Plugins are not triggered on the create event for entities created using the quick create form. (CRM 2013) RRS feed

• Question

• If I on an entity create an activity using the quick create form plugins that otherwise are set to run on the create event are not triggered. If I however create the activity using the standard form the plugin runs fine. Any suggestions or information as to why this is?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:01 PM

All replies

• Just created a workflow on create of phone call and when I created the phone call from quick create the workflow ran successfully. You can also test the same

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:06 PM
  • I'm not talking about workflows I'm talking about plugins.
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

I am sure you would have checked it already but to confirm it, can you check your plugin code that it doesn't have any condition NOT to execute the code for QUICK_Create form types? 

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:28 AM
  • In 2013 the workflows are synchronous therefore there in no difference between a plugin and workflow. If you can put the code used in plugin than someone will be able to help you.

Regards Faisal

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am sure you would have checked it already but to confirm it, can you check your plugin code that it doesn't have any condition NOT to execute the code for QUICK_Create form types? 

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

There is nothing like that in the code.
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:03 AM
  • In 2013 the workflows are synchronous therefore there in no difference between a plugin and workflow. If you can put the code used in plugin than someone will be able to help you.

Regards Faisal

Workflows are not necessarily synchronous in 2013 but it’s an option. Also can also confirm that a workflow set to run on the create event of an activity (task) is triggered when creating the activity using the quick create form.

However, if the task record is created in the database using the quick create form why does that not trigger a plugin?  

Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:11 AM