70-515 question - Suggested Practice and Case Scenario code RRS feed

• Question

• in looking through the microsoft book, at the end of each chapter is the "suggested practice" area.  i know that this is suppose to be where I do the actual coding of a given topic, but is there any way that I can see code that reolved this area?

For example, chapter 3, Suggested Practice, Practice 1 - Using a web app that you previously developed, add code to initialize variables, etc...

I would like to see code that actually perform and did what is asked then attempt to make code that might not resolve what was outlined.

Long as I am also asking, how about Case Scenarios, any code available for this also?

Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:29 PM

Answers

• Did you check the code on the CD?

You should find all code in ZIP files in a folder structure like Sample Files\Chapter xy\LessonX-ExerciseY-Completed-XX

With
    - xy - number of chapter
    - X - number of lesson
    - Y - number of exercise
    - XX - CS for C# and VB for VB.Net

And there is no code for Case Scenarios. The case scenarios are more a general decision thing. Often details for a full implementation are not given so it can only be helpfull for your own samples. (Which I would do if I had no experience on the topic!)

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:03 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 5:36 AM
    Answerer
  • in looking through the microsoft book, at the end of each chapter is the "suggested practice" area.  i know that this is suppose to be where I do the actual coding of a given topic, but is there any way that I can see code that reolved this area?

For example, chapter 3, Suggested Practice, Practice 1 - Using a web app that you previously developed, add code to initialize variables, etc...

I would like to see code that actually perform and did what is asked then attempt to make code that might not resolve what was outlined.

Long as I am also asking, how about Case Scenarios, any code available for this also?

Murphy,

There are couple of suggested exerices at the end of chapter. These are for you to get comfortable with what you learnt in the chapter and apply real-time. These are do-yourself exercises. There is no code for this.

For Practise exercises- there is code in the CD

Case scenarios - you analyse the statements and see what would be the best possible design to solve the problem and the answers will be at the end of the book in "Answers" section

Hope this info helps - Rakesh
    • Proposed as answer by Rakesh Vasu Friday, August 5, 2011 7:58 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 1:51 PM

All replies

• Did you check the code on the CD?

You should find all code in ZIP files in a folder structure like Sample Files\Chapter xy\LessonX-ExerciseY-Completed-XX

With
    - xy - number of chapter
    - X - number of lesson
    - Y - number of exercise
    - XX - CS for C# and VB for VB.Net

And there is no code for Case Scenarios. The case scenarios are more a general decision thing. Often details for a full implementation are not given so it can only be helpfull for your own samples. (Which I would do if I had no experience on the topic!)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, August 5, 2011 5:36 AM
    Answerer

Murphy,

There are couple of suggested exerices at the end of chapter. These are for you to get comfortable with what you learnt in the chapter and apply real-time. These are do-yourself exercises. There is no code for this.

For Practise exercises- there is code in the CD

Case scenarios - you analyse the statements and see what would be the best possible design to solve the problem and the answers will be at the end of the book in "Answers" section

Hope this info helps - Rakesh
    • Proposed as answer by Rakesh Vasu Friday, August 5, 2011 7:58 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 1:51 PM