Cannot backup Windows 10 computers RRS feed

• Question

• I have a whs2011 installation which works fine for some years now. Now I've upgraded two clients from Win7 to Win10 and both systems won't backup any more. ( one is win10pro, the other is win10 home)

I get TWO similar messages in the event log. One says, in dutch:

Fout in de Volume Shadow Copy-service: onverwachte fout bij het uitvoeren van een query voor de IVssWriterCallback-interface. hr = 0x80070005, Toegang geweigerd.
    . Dit wordt vaak veroorzaakt door onjuiste beveiligingsinstellingen in het writer- of requestorproces.

Bewerking:

Schrijvergegevens verzamelen
    Context:
    Klasse-id van schrijver: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
    Naam van schrijver: System Writer
    Instantie-id van schrijver: {8fbca3d2-3649-4f4d-b75b-7b491acbf4f9}

[PARTIAL TRANSLATION BY ME:]

Error in the Volume Shadow Copy-service: unexpected error executing a query to the IVssWriterCallback-interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access Denied.

The first message mentions the MSMQ writer, the second event is from System Writer (see above)

The Window Server Client Computer Backup Provider Service runs using Local System, Volume Shadow Copy service also.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:54 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply; I already have the UEFI fix installed because of a win8.1 tablet - so that is not the problem.

Tonight my systems were all restarted and the problem has been solved ....

Thanks again.

Jan

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:09 AM

All replies

• I have not seen that problem with my upgraded W10 clients.Do you have the UEFI Hotfix installed on your server:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2781272

If not, install it. If that doesn't work, I would try removing the Connector and reinstalling it from the Server rather than the installation disks.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 9:13 PM
  • Thanks for the reply; I already have the UEFI fix installed because of a win8.1 tablet - so that is not the problem.

Tonight my systems were all restarted and the problem has been solved ....

Thanks again.

Jan

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know the result.

Your sharing might be helpful for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:32 AM