I'm going to throw it out the window........HELP Product key error!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very new laptop with Windows Visata and it came with Word installed as a trial.

My mum had purchased the Office Home and Student 2007 thingy which works on 3 PC's so I didn't have to buy it.

Great I thought, until I have tried to install/convert it to full version today and it will not recognise the product key I have instered millions of times!!!!

My mum had problems too and can't remember how she installed it in the end so no help there!  Can anyone advise??? Do the product keys expire? The only key I have is in a folder that came with the Windows XP CD and on the box of the Office Home and Student 2007 no numbers on there are accepted either!!!!!
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:43 PM

Answers

• Thank you very much for taking the time to try to help, but I have managed to do it now............. due to finding the correct key inside the box the cd came on!!!!! I was so excited I nearly wet myself!!!!!
    Thanks again
    Cheryl
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:08 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool
    Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:51 PM
  • Thank you very much for taking the time to try to help, but I have managed to do it now............. due to finding the correct key inside the box the cd came on!!!!! I was so excited I nearly wet myself!!!!!
    Thanks again
    Cheryl
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:08 PM