none
How do I run the diagnostic tool on my Windows 7 Ultimate computer when the non-genuine report is black screening me? RRS feed

• Question

• Since my formerly, for years, Windows 7 Ultimate PC is suddenly reporting that it's genuine, (RETAIL BOXED EDITION) OS is

NOT GENUINE and locked me out of my computer how can I run the diagnostic tool to find out WHY it has done this?

After reviewing a number of postings in the forums this seems to NOT be an isolated issue. Many of us are having the same blackscreen lock out issue.

My copy of Windows 7 Ultimate is one of 4 RETAIL BOXED Black Editions that I purchased a number of years ago and this sudden lockout is unacceptable. My PC is a CUSTOM build and that is why I installed a BRAND NEW SEALED copy of Win7 on it.

When it did this I went back to double check my MB loadup/setup to make sure that nothing had changed for boot up that could have caused this and all of the information appears to be accurate including the amount of RAM I have installed.

The only changes made to my computer in the past 3 days was updates from Microsoft through Windows Update. There is NO excuse for this kind of action.

I need LIVE support ASAP! I can not have my computer down for such issues!

HELP!!!

Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:38 AM

Answers

• Windows 7 does NOT lock you out of the system for simply being non-genuine! - although it does lock you out of some functionality.

The only so-called Black Edition for Windows 7 that I can recall was one which gained notoriety some years back for being a pirated version, and not genuine in any way, shape or form.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, May 28, 2018 10:29 AM

All replies

• What did the update do to my computer?

My Windows 7 Ultimate has been legal and activated for several years and suddenly after an update from Microsoft through Windows Update it is coming up as NOT GENUINE!!!

Since this was the only change made to my computer in the past 3 days it has to be the cause of the problem. Since I cannot get into my computer with the updated system I am using my original 500gb SSD drive to access support for help. I can not access ANY of my other programs due to the difference in the registry between the SSD drive and my updated drive that has been running perfectly for years until this update screwed it up on me.

HELP!!!!!

Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:26 AM
  • Windows 7 does NOT lock you out of the system for simply being non-genuine! - although it does lock you out of some functionality.

The only so-called Black Edition for Windows 7 that I can recall was one which gained notoriety some years back for being a pirated version, and not genuine in any way, shape or form.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, May 28, 2018 10:29 AM