One Care Renewal RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello, I renewed my One Care Subscription more that 24 hours ago and my computer is still telling me I have a security issue and that I need to renew my One Care Subscription.  After I paid at microsoft billing website I did nothing else.  I didn't see any application running to sho something was updating and I didn't go through any install wizard etc..   Is there something I need to do at this point??

Thank you
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:31 AM

Answers

•   

Renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

You can try the following:

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 2:34 PM

All replies

• matt0865,

Could you please elaborate on the "Security" issue you believe you are currently experiencing? Did you get a specific error message? If your subscription says expired and you have renewed, do give it another 24 hours for your account to update. You are still protected dispite the expiration message. Once your OneCare dashboard updates within the next 24 hours, the features should be available again.

Steve, please feel free to correct/update my post.

Rick
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 2:05 AM
  •   

Renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

You can try the following:

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Thursday, February 19, 2009 2:34 PM
  • It states my subsrciption status ends in 8 days.  Will the update should show within 24 hours of the subcrition expiration date?  I renewed the subscription within 30 days of expiration date.  Just makes me a little nervous that it still says it expires in 8 days..

At the microsoft billing website it says I purchased the renerwal 2/16/09.  Next renewal scheduled for 2/16/2010.  I just want to make sure the renewal will take effect in 8 days.

Thank you for being patient in replying.

Matt
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:42 AM
  • I just checked the LiveID for my One Care and it is different than the LiveID at the microsoft billing website. 
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:45 AM
  • Then you will need to reinstall OneCare and click subscribe in OneCare after the reinstall to use the correct LiveID for your subscription.
    -steve
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:00 PM