Why does my laptop keep downloading the same data over and over? RRS feed

• Question

• I use live mesh on my desktop and laptop to sync two folders. I have no problems with my desktop but my laptop seems to always be downloading the same amount of data. It finishes syncing then a few minutes later starts to sync another ~26MB of data and does this over and over even if nothing has changed on in the folders. Also it lists 50 conflicts with restoring some "tmp" folder which doesn't exist in my folders I am syncing. If I clear the conflicts by restoring the folder it just keeps adding the same conflict back. I removed live mesh and tried reinstalling it but I get the same thing. The strange part is the folders are perfectly synced but it's constantly "syncing" something, so I have to work offline all the time.

Any idea what is going on?
    Monday, July 20, 2009 12:56 PM

Answers

• Have you tried removing the folder from your Mesh and the adding it back again?
    If that doesn't resolve the problem, please file a bug report with logs:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, July 20, 2009 2:39 PM

All replies

• Have you tried removing the folder from your Mesh and the adding it back again?
    If that doesn't resolve the problem, please file a bug report with logs:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, July 20, 2009 2:39 PM
  • Am I blind? I don't see how to remove the folder on my laptop. Or do I have to delete it off of the mesh live desktop?

Now it's creating sub-folders in the tmp directory:
    1) prop-base
    2) props
    3) text-base

????
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:07 PM
  • On the Notifier, click on Manage Folders.
    Click Change Sync Settings for the folder you wish to remove from the Mesh on the device.
    repeat for any other devices and folders - I recommend doing this on each device in the Mesh.
    Go to the Live Desktop via the web.
    Delete the folders after they are no longer in the Mesh for any devices.

Cleanup the folder structure on your primary device.
    Add this folder or folders to your Mesh.
    Add the Meshed folder to other devices and sync as desired.

-steve
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:18 PM