New to HPC server system and job assignment. RRS feed

• Question

• I have one head node with windows server 2012 r2 operating system and 12 systems having windows 7 installed. I have installed hpc pack 2012 r2 in head node and all clusters, the cluster manger shows evey node online and healthy.

Now, what i need to is actually we work on 3d renderings, so i need to use all the cluster gpu and cores to help me to render my stuffs, but i can't find how to do this. The job management tab is bit out of knowledge for me, as i am a complete new to this.

We are using Maya as a software to make and render our stuff. So, how could i tell head node to take power of all cores and gpu to do this task?

• Edited by Kayl19 Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:18 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:56 AM

All replies

• 24 views and still not got a solution

Help me in setting up and assigning jobs in my render farm.

• Edited by Kayl19 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:38 AM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:38 AM
  • Hi Kayl19,

Suppose HPC Pack can help you to schedule the Maya command lines on the compute nodes for the rendering work. There are several ways you may schedule a job with simple or parametric sweep tasks on the head node: the command line, the powershell cmdlets, the Job/Cluster GUI console, the .Net/COM API etc. For details about how to submit a job please view this article. If you have any specific problem when scheduling Maya rendering tasks on the cluster, please post it in detail here, we are glad to help investigate. Also note that with the latest HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update 3 release, the GPU management and scheduling support have also been added for certain GPU types, just check it out at here.

BR,

Yutong Sun

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:47 PM