Windows live Messenger 14 with proxy

• as title says.. my corporative network has one isa 2006 wich function as proxy. until yesterday, everything worked well. my change basically was to configured the dhcp, dns, and ISA to use the Automatic detection on all my IE (flavors 6, 7, 8). it's working well. all the IE connect automatically, and set the proxy themself. i've cheked the ISA logs and i can see the request forhttp://myisaserver/wpad.dat. so everything fine. BUT... my company workstation also use Windows Live Messenger (Ver 14). this messenger version use the IE configuration to choose if will work with proxy. however since all my IE are in "automatically detect configuration", appearentely the messenger can't read the wpad.dat configuration file, and as it can't see the check-box for use proxy configuration on IE, it try to establish a direct connection, avoiding my proxy. so i tryied almost everything.. even create an access rule on my ISA to allow anonymous traffic to the sites described in this kb: but nothing work, the messenger try to stablish a secure connection with and that's when my isa block the connection, because it was not authenticated. my goal is to configure messenger to use IE configuration obtained from wpad.dat. i dont know if i'm doing something wrong, or just its the way messenger works. any workaround, solution will be very appreciate. (even if not supported by microsoft). any help will be very appreciate. thanks.
    Monday, April 19, 2010 1:13 PM

All replies

• That's a nice block of text...  ;)

Try not to fear the ENTER key..  :D

This is the Windows Live Writer Forum; for topics pertaining to 'Windows Live Writer'. This forum is meant to be a resource for those who are looking for more information about Writer or want to start a discussion with the Writer team and other people using Writer.

Unfortunately, you've submitted a query to the wrong forum; but perhaps you can find the right forum(s) here.

Reference Link(s):

For everything Windows LIVE [apps and services]

For General Microsoft topics...

Hope this helps. 

• Proposed as answer by lehenryjr Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:23 AM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 10:43 PM