OneCare says my live id isn't associated with an account...but it is RRS feed

• Question

• I had to reinstall my OS. So, I also had to reinstall OneCare. After installing it asked for my live ID and said that it was not already associated with a OneCare account, but it IS. My computer was the hub-pc of a 3 pc circle, and I have checked that I am using the correct account/liveID on the other computers, they confirm that I am using the proper ID, however the OneCare program says I am not.

I am even able to log into the billing section of microsoft.com and confirm there that I have an active OneCare account. It clearly shows my account there as being active, yet the OneCare program still says I don't have an active account.

How can I get things straightened out?
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:07 AM

Answers

•  jnharper wrote:
    I had to reinstall my OS. So, I also had to reinstall OneCare. After installing it asked for my live ID and said that it was not already associated with a OneCare account, but it IS. My computer was the hub-pc of a 3 pc circle, and I have checked that I am using the correct account/liveID on the other computers, they confirm that I am using the proper ID, however the OneCare program says I am not.

I am even able to log into the billing section of microsoft.com and confirm there that I have an active OneCare account. It clearly shows my account there as being active, yet the OneCare program still says I don't have an active account.

Please try activation again. There was a server problem at the time of your attempts on 5/28-29

-steve

Friday, May 30, 2008 5:34 PM

All replies

• Same problem
    I am ready to pull out my hair.
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:36 AM
  • When you reinstalled OneCare, how did you reinstall - CD or via download. And if via download, from where did you download (site) and when did you install? Have your retried the activation process, and if so, what dates - that is, how long has this problem existed?

You may want to contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:36 PM
  •  jnharper wrote:
    I had to reinstall my OS. So, I also had to reinstall OneCare. After installing it asked for my live ID and said that it was not already associated with a OneCare account, but it IS. My computer was the hub-pc of a 3 pc circle, and I have checked that I am using the correct account/liveID on the other computers, they confirm that I am using the proper ID, however the OneCare program says I am not.

Please try activation again. There was a server problem at the time of your attempts on 5/28-29

-steve

Friday, May 30, 2008 5:34 PM