none
Expired Partner Network, where do we renew??? RRS feed

• Question

• It appears our Partner Network is expired, please point us in the right direction to renew??
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:18 AM

Answers

• We were experiencing a few bugs related to Partner and MVP access. Would you please try to access your Forums again and let me know if you have access? Thank you. 
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:59 AM
  • I'm able to get in, however "Searching" doesn't work.  After typing in something I am searching on, I receive the error "Unexpected Error".

@ Donna

Which browser?   If IE9 you could use its Developer Tools, Network Capture to see what your Unexpected Error is.   E.g. my guess would be it will be a 500 response with no other clues about what that means.   However, if it means something about what you are sending it (besides that it is your account involved), you could try doing things such as clearing the TIF (or at least doing a Ctrl-F5) or trying to switch to InPrivate Browsing e.g. press Ctrl-Shift-P which would cause old Cookies to be temporarily ignored but then I think you would have to login again on that new session.  In fact, that might be an interesting test just for that fact, since it would mean that you would have two sessions open using the same account, unless you logged out of the first one before starting the InPrivate Browsing session.   Note that of all the above suggestions you would only need IE9 (or IE10) to do the Network Capture.

Another thing that has helped some avoid similar indecipherable symptoms from the server is avoiding use of Sign-in Assistance.   Instead of uninstalling the feature (which some have done) I think it should be sufficient just to stop it.   So, if you see (in a cmd window)

>net start | find "Sign-in"
       Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant

then you could try

net stop wlidsvc

Actually I suppose you don't even need to know if it is running or not just to try that stop command.  ;  ) 

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:24 PM

All replies

• We were experiencing a few bugs related to Partner and MVP access. Would you please try to access your Forums again and let me know if you have access? Thank you. 
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:59 AM
  • I'm able to get in, however "Searching" doesn't work.  After typing in something I am searching on, I receive the error "Unexpected Error".
    Friday, January 18, 2013 10:43 PM
  • Forum Woes - getting the following error trying to access Partner Forums:

Microsoft Partner Network association required

You have requested premium content that is only available to Microsoft partners.

To see this premium content, you must be signed in with a Windows Live ID that is associated with a Microsoft Partner Network membership.

Used same ID I've been using for 10 years. Issue just started Sunday. Is there an issue with the Forums again. Seems to be happening more often later. Really hurts when Forums aren't working, particularly when you ahve posts pending, as I do.

Barry Lebow

Choice Computer Services

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:42 AM
  • Barry, are you using a browser when you get these results or are you using other tools (i.e. Palladium or NNTP Bridge) when you experience these messages? Also, what forum are you trying to access?
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:20 PM
  • Bryant:

I am using IE8. I am specifcally trying to access Windows Server Forum, however I never get that far. From Partners Home page, I select SUPPORT - PRODUCT SUPPORT and then sign in with my Live ID (same one I have used for years). It is on the next page, where you normally get the support choices, including ENTER FORUMS, thta I receive the message.

By the way I double-checked and my Partner Membership renewal period begins Jan. 30, with Partner Expiration April 30, so that's not it.

Hope you can help - I have several posts pending.

Barry

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Additional piece of info. After I sign in and get the 'error', I notice the system does 'recognize' me - displays name and company correctly, as well as correct company profile info.
    • Edited by Barry Lebow Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:38 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:38 PM

@ Donna

Which browser?   If IE9 you could use its Developer Tools, Network Capture to see what your Unexpected Error is.   E.g. my guess would be it will be a 500 response with no other clues about what that means.   However, if it means something about what you are sending it (besides that it is your account involved), you could try doing things such as clearing the TIF (or at least doing a Ctrl-F5) or trying to switch to InPrivate Browsing e.g. press Ctrl-Shift-P which would cause old Cookies to be temporarily ignored but then I think you would have to login again on that new session.  In fact, that might be an interesting test just for that fact, since it would mean that you would have two sessions open using the same account, unless you logged out of the first one before starting the InPrivate Browsing session.   Note that of all the above suggestions you would only need IE9 (or IE10) to do the Network Capture.

Another thing that has helped some avoid similar indecipherable symptoms from the server is avoiding use of Sign-in Assistance.   Instead of uninstalling the feature (which some have done) I think it should be sufficient just to stop it.   So, if you see (in a cmd window)

>net start | find "Sign-in"
       Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant

then you could try

net stop wlidsvc

Actually I suppose you don't even need to know if it is running or not just to try that stop command.  ;  ) 

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:24 PM