none
"Error processing Req"...bug: by design? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting an error when submitting a post: "There was an error processing Request".

I've seen a few of these and it appears related to cookies, however it seems that you get this error because in between starting the post and submitting the post:

You get logged out!

I recall that this may not be a forum issue, but a Passport (LiveId or whatever) issue. But this has been a problem for years and is going beyond annoying.

Why can I not stayed logged in? Please.

Stephen J Whiteley
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:44 PM

Answers

• Yes I'm sure it has nothing to do with the forum software and everything to do with the systems that check passports (presumably your Live).

It's happened on too many systems (every tried getting hold of some web casts - logins drop off there too) including this one (earlier today in my case) for it to be the forum software.

My theory has always been that the forum software when producing this message is merely reacting to the fact that you are trying to do something that your rights don't allow you to do. If you had not been logged in you wouldn't have been able to access the function in the first place hence an error message if you have been logged off in the meantime (how the heck did he get here?"). Good theory ? 

(Wondering whether to mark this as an off-topic thread :) )

Mike
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:52 PM
  • This issue seems to be fixed by Live ID updates.

As Mike mentioned, you can ask at the Windows Live site.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, February 20, 2012 3:34 AM

All replies

• Yes I'm sure it has nothing to do with the forum software and everything to do with the systems that check passports (presumably your Live).

It's happened on too many systems (every tried getting hold of some web casts - logins drop off there too) including this one (earlier today in my case) for it to be the forum software.

My theory has always been that the forum software when producing this message is merely reacting to the fact that you are trying to do something that your rights don't allow you to do. If you had not been logged in you wouldn't have been able to access the function in the first place hence an error message if you have been logged off in the meantime (how the heck did he get here?"). Good theory ? 

(Wondering whether to mark this as an off-topic thread :) )

Mike
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:52 PM
  • This issue seems to be fixed by Live ID updates.

As Mike mentioned, you can ask at the Windows Live site.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, February 20, 2012 3:34 AM