CRM Dashboard with MSSQL Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am a learner to CRM, I am trying to create the dashboards in CRM, whereas I can create only for the entities, but my need is to create the dynamic dashboard for the table in the MSSQL server, the data for dashboard should be fetch from MSSQL. Could anybody tell the procedure for this. If anybody knows kindly mail me the steps to saransha21@outlook.com

Monday, July 28, 2014 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hey,

Why do you want to use a dashboard for the SQL data ? 

Maybe you are talking about SRSS report, with this kind of report, you can work directly with the data from SQL.

Regards,

Ju_li3n

Blog: crmandme.blogspot.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ju_li3n "Working hard for something we don't care is called STRESS. Working hard for something we love is called PASSION"

Monday, July 28, 2014 1:28 PM
  • If you are looking for data in CRM on a single entity (or maybe a parent entity), you likely will want to use a chart. This doesn't have to hit Reporting Services, and is much faster.

If you need to pull something from SQL, either because you're getting data outside of CRM, or because you need a complex query of CRM data, you need to build an SSRS report and then use the IFrame functionality in the dashboard to frame out that report in the dashboard you want it to be a part of.  Reports are slower than charts, so use the, only when you have to, as they provide a worse user experience.  Generally, anything that requires a report is better run separately than as part of a dashboard.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, July 28, 2014 6:30 PM
  • Hi Dude,

Thanks for your answers.

Monday, September 1, 2014 7:07 AM