Assign Case works from Grid but not from Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a problem with the Assign Button in Case Form.

Here's the situation:

The owner of the Case is another User (User B)

User A cannot assign the Case using the Assign Button in Case Form (neither the Assign to Me nor Assign to Another User/Team works, but there isn't any error, the ownership just doesn't change)

But if User A use the Assign Button above the Grid view on the main page, it works perfectly.

It does seem like a CRM bug to me. But please tell me if you have other ideas for me to try.

CRM 2011 On-Premise with Rollup 15 installed.

User A and B have the same security role and both are registered to the same team. But the same issue persists regardless of the role.

Best Regards,

Yansen S.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:00 PM

Answers

• This is my best guess.

The Assign Button from the Case Form updates the owner field of the case, therefore the Case Update privilege is required.

While the Assign Button from the main menu (case grid view) submits the Assign Request of selected Cases, therefore the Case Update privilege is not required.

What I did was create new button emulating the function of Assign Button from the main menu.

Had to go deep in CRM out of the box Jscript function, replicate it, and make some modification though.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:00 AM

All replies

• "But the same issue persists regardless of the role."

A little clarification on that, I meant regardless of the role of User B.

I found that if I gave the Business Unit Level (half circle) on the Assign Privilege of Cases to User A, then there would be no problem with that button.

But the requirement is to give only the User Level Assign Privilege on Cases, so that the user cannot update another user's cases. 

Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:21 PM
  • My Bad, another correction:

"I found that if I gave the Business Unit Level (half circle) on the Assign Privilege of Cases to User A, then there would be no problem with that button."

What I meant was Update Privilege

and therefore

"But the requirement is to give only the User Level Update Privilege on Cases, so that the user cannot update another user's cases."

In case you're wondering, the Assign Privilege of User A is set to Organization Level.

Sorry if it's confusing. Hope it's clear now.

To simplify the question,

Why can't I assign using the button on the case form while it's clear that I have the access to assign the case. (from the fact that I can assign from the main case grid view)

Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:19 PM
  • This is my best guess.

The Assign Button from the Case Form updates the owner field of the case, therefore the Case Update privilege is required.

While the Assign Button from the main menu (case grid view) submits the Assign Request of selected Cases, therefore the Case Update privilege is not required.

What I did was create new button emulating the function of Assign Button from the main menu.

Had to go deep in CRM out of the box Jscript function, replicate it, and make some modification though.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:00 AM